Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAffe Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 21 January 2005 - 09:58 PM

Not sure if this is related to andresmtz's post so I started another.

When I boot up my "you-beaute" "neck snappin" 900mhz computer.......my McAffe virus shield loads and then all of a sudden as it enters the running state it disables itself for approx 2 mins and I see a red circle with a diagonal line through it.. During this time I can't do much. It's as if the machine has hung. Then when the "no go" symbol disappears I can use my machine again.

Anybody got any ideas ??

I've run the virus scanner and it's was updated the other day and it still happens. It's been doing this for a while now but with no ill effects to the machine.....non that I know of anyway.
JTH

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:01 PM

Sorry.....should have posted this in the Antivirus forum.

Can someone please move it ?

Thanks

Oh, please don't spank me............ :flowers:

Mod Edit: Here you go.
:thumbsup:

Jack! If you've been chastiised by Scarlett, then you know you're in deep...

///2nd Mod edit - just for fun...??///

Edited by KoanYorel, 21 January 2005 - 10:31 PM.

JTH

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:21 PM

I'd get a second opinion on that virus scan with Panda or Trend Micro online ones. Whatever is going on can't be good. But then again McAfee is ............ well lets just say its not one of my favourites.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2005 - 05:09 PM

Leurgy, I was thinking of doing that but right now I don't have the time....busy week at work etc etc, anyway, it doesn't seem to be affecting the machine in anyway other than slow booting.

I will do the tests next weekend and will post back here and let you guys know.
JTH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users