Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

10 Dollar Dsl From At&t Out Today For 22 States

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

I think 22 states get this deal. For new customers only with a phone line.

Its not advertised thats for sure.

Do you all feel like the DSL area is being monopolized and if we run out of competition "cheap" internet will be no more?

If you "own" all the dsl and have no competition whats stopping you from upping the rates?

I talked to my local tele co on our dsl. I am so close to a interchange like 6000ft or less I think.

He said it costs money to get dsl to you and these 15 dollar a month DSL plans are actually loosing money and just trying to get market share.(he didnt say it like that but to that effect) I was talking to him in why he does not offer 24.95 dsl like Bellsouth was at the time and now AT&T.

My tele co. lowest DSL is 384kbps down 128kbps and its 40 bucks a month. Now is that tooo high or?? I want dsl so bad but wish it was either faster for the price or cheaper. I can however get a special speed if I want to pay for it, I think its 4gb down 700kbps up or so for 120 bucks a month.

Whats your thoughts on this new 10 buck dsl?

They had to provide up to 768kbps, Keep in mind the "up to" ha ha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,354 posts
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

The $10 offer is available to customers in the 22-state AT&T service region, which includes former BellSouth areas, who have never had AT&T or BellSouth broadband, spokesman Michael Coe confirmed Monday. Local phone service and a one-year contract are required. The modem is free.

The plan was not mentioned in a Friday news release about AT&T's DSL plans, and is slightly hidden on the AT&T Web site. A page describing DSL options doesn't mention it, but clicking a link for "Term contract plans" reveals it. It's also presented to customers who go into the application process, Coe said.

AP Technology Writer, Click Here

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 crespowu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:15 AM

Thanks for sharing,it's really useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users