Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In The Sky Tonight And Rest Of Week

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:05 PM

Off to the right of the crescent moon is a very bright Venus. To the left about the same distance is Saturn, not as bright. A binoculars will make it better.
Just wanted to pass it along in case you wanted to take the significant other outside or the rugrats for that matter. :thumbsup:

Dusk is a good time for viewing (now)

Edited by boopme, 18 June 2007 - 08:06 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

Will give it a try later this evening (we're a few hours behind you) - thanks so much for letting us know, boopme! :thumbsup:
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

Last month on the 19th the moon was aligned on top of Venus to within 1 degree, a picture being worth a thousand words check this out.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

Last month on the 19th the moon was aligned on top of Venus to within 1 degree, a picture being worth a thousand words check this out.

Thanks for the link'dc3' :thumbsup: Great Picture. I am absolutely fascinated with Pictures of our Universe.Allways have been.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hope you get a clear sky Mara
Excellent pic dc3. I'm still waiting for my camera in the shop.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:05 PM

It's only 7:00 here in Ca., but will enjoy sitting out on the deck watching the night sky later.

The picture in the link doesn't do justice to what it looked like where I live. I'm in a rural area about 3,000 feet elevation which is great for sky watching, there were no clouds here as there are shown in the picture, it was awesome.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:48 PM

I did enjoy the view last night, I had a bonus though, while I was out I happened to look to the north and saw a bright fast moving object that I thought was plane at first, but it was too large...it was the space station! :thumbsup:

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:33 AM

Man that must have been incredible !!
I've seen a launch from Kennedy Space Center once that was a cool site. I even saw the Shuttle being piggybacked on a 747, flying down he Hudson River. But the spacestation is the best

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:23 AM

I got busy and missed it last night, the local news televised photos that showed the space station and Atlantis separated. I won't miss it tonight, this could be the last good shot for a while.

Edited by dc3, 20 June 2007 - 10:27 AM.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Were you able to see that ??

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:19 AM

I did get to see it tonight, it was much lower on the horizon and appeared as two separate blips that would appear and disappear going across the sky. Tomorrow night it will be too far over the horizon to be seen from here.

#12 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:34 AM

You guys are so lucky, I've only ever seen the eclipse, I always forget and miss everything like this.
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#13 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:32 AM

Wow! I saw that, but didn't know what it was at the time. :thumbsup: I did point it out to a loved one. We were like that is so cool!
Posted Image

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

Hey I found a link that lets you enter ...Country ,state and city for times of the ISS (Space Station) flyover.
It will be viewable again here Sun 9:08 pm.
Look up your town ,or the closest town TURI and make a note. Summer nite skies are usually the best,but by far not the only.

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

#15 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:05 AM

"No sightings available" on all my closest towns =[
Crazyness comes to those who wait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users