Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 damalulu

damalulu

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:49 PM

Turn on computer. Windows acts like it is starting up. You get the blue page with the windows logo and it goes no further? What can I do to get it going or get into the computer and see whats wrong?

(Moderator edit: modified Topic Title and Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 18 June 2007 - 06:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

Hi,can you go to last good known configuration? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

If you cant boot that way have you tried booting into safe mode? http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...e.mspx?mfr=true
Once you can get into the pc have a look in event viewer >my computer>right click>manage>event viewer and see what error may be in there and post it.
MCP
MSDST

#3 WonderGirl2

WonderGirl2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

I have worked on a couple of computers lately that had this same problem. It turned out to be a virus. If you find you cannot boot in safe mode, you may have to get help...someone who knows how to pull the hard drive and scan it with their system, checking for viruses and/or malware. I'm sure this isn't the kind of news you want to hear; and I may be incorrect--hope I am. But, if you need more information, let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users