Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Winspyware 2007! Newbie

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lexwannabe

lexwannabe

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:42 PM

I have gone threw "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" everysingle step and nothing. I still have pop-ups and my notebook keeps freezing on me. I have been up since last night till 5:30 am working to remove this horrible thing. Now, I feel like I'm going to have a nervous break down. So, please can anyone please help me. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:11 PM

Hello,

This is a stubborn infection. The automated tools don't seem to be able to cope with it -- at least, not yet.

Post your HijackThis log according to the instructions in the Preparation Guide.

Be sure to post it in the HijackThis forum, not this one. Also, name the infection in your topic title, as you did here.

Please be patient. It may take a few days before someone picks up your log, we try to take the older logs first.

Best of luck.

#3 lexwannabe

lexwannabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

Thanks I really appreciate the reply. I've done the hikackthis log from my laptop but the thing is I'm not sure what to look for.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

You should post your Hijack Log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, Not Here.

You should never attempt to fix anything using HijackThis, until someone who is experienced at reading the log outputs, has a chance to review it.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 lexwannabe

lexwannabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:17 PM