Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking XP home and Win Me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ares82

Ares82

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 01 July 2004 - 09:03 AM

So I'm trying to connect my parents computer(Win Me) to my computer (XP Home) so that they can use my printer. Right now I just use a hub to connect them to eachother so that both of them have an internet connection, but right now I can't use the printer from my parents computer.

I tried running the Network Wizard with the xp machine and I followed all the instructions, with having the same workgroup name and everything else that the wizards said. The wizard ran fine on both machines without a glitch, but when I try to look for one computer from the other one I can't see it.

Anyways could someone help me out so that I can connect the two computers in such a way that I could use the printer on both computers?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:25 AM

What are the ip addresses for both computers? Can you ping each computer from the other?

Is the printer shared on the computer?

On the computer your sharing, click on start, control panel, network connections, and right click on local area connection and make sure File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is enabled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users