Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer And 14 Day Trial And Install Nav 2007?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:16 PM

I am wondering, I bought a 3 licence NAV 2007 as we have 2 computers that run out imminently and we just bought our daughter a new notebook.

The notebook she can have for 14 days trial to see if there are any issues that she does not like.

I am no Techie and wonder about whether I should install her NAV 2007 and I think that I have to register it to get updates and then if she returns it what happens to this version that we register.

Since my retirement, I am not with the techie at the office who used to advise on this. And I don't want to lose out on a license for her notebook if she is dissatisfied.

I guess the key is, does NAV require Registration to get updates, and my hazy memory of years past seem to make me think it needs registration and then as I mentioned if she returns the notebook b/c she does not like it; I will be up the creek with an empty pocket???

I would appreciate experienced members comments.
Thankyou.
Kindest Regards............( a nerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I apologize!!
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

Hi georgia, welcome to BleepingComputer

NAV 2007 is a good Internet Security Program. When you first buy it you get a license for up to three computers to install on. It is automatically registered to get updates until the license runs out in a year.

Also if you would like some free alternatives I have a list below:

Firewall (Choose one)

AntiVirus (Choose One)

AntiSpyware (Use all)

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

To answer your question....yes, you can deactivate, and reactivate their licenses...or just move them, and yes, you need to be registered to receive updates. A full manual on how these options are done can be found -->here.<--

Edited by jwinathome, 20 June 2007 - 08:54 AM.

#4 ItWouldRuin

ItWouldRuin

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:35 AM

Spysentinel, good list! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users