Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Log Files - Buffalo Router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:19 PM

I've got a brand new Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 wireless router (my Netgear at home went "the way of the buffalo"). I cannot read the log files like I did in the NetGear (or in the LinkSys previous to it). The Buffalo logfiles don't seem to include the IP addresses and names and addresses of the sites that we visit (like the NetGear and LinkSys did).

Any suggestions on how to achieve this? I've got everything checked in the logfile options and still no sign of a visit to a website. I'm also trying Wall Watcher to see if I can get this info. Although it misidentifies the router I do get the traffic from it. Funny thing is if I specify the correct router, I get no traffic from it.

I'm about to hook another NetGear router into the mix just to get the traffic logged (sorta like a backwards hookup of a wireless access point) just to get the info.

Any ideas/suggestions?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

Hmm... Most routers vary from options. The only thing I could suggest is look for a firmware update, or, see if you could find someplace that has a firmware for it, but different config page software.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• Topic Starter

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:10 PM

Thanks Gavin! I'll have a look around. :thumbsup:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users