Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijack This Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 twjones

twjones

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:04 AM

Hello. We have a Dell PC that I have used the Hijack This program on one time before. The problem this time with the infection is that it is not allowing internet access so when I turn on the computer, I can get to the place and run the log but how can I get the log so that I can post it and you can let me know what action to take? Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jamielaw

jamielaw

Malware Ass-Kicker!

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

Hey twjones

Please download Hijackthis again on a friends computer just so I know you have the latest version. Then transfer Hijackthis on a memory stick and then run it on the computer without internet access. Then save a copy of the Hijackthis log to the memory stick and paste it back in this thread from your friends computer.

Hijackthis Log

Please download HijackThis.exe (by Merijn). Save the file to your desktop. This is a very important step! This ensures Hijackthis stores backups should anything go wrong.

Double-click HijackThis.exe. Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

Allow Hijackthis to scan your computer. When notepad opens up with your logfile, copy the contents back into your thread.
My Website!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted Image

#3 twjones

twjones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:12 PM

Thank you for your speedy response. We purchased this Dell in 2002 and I have never used a memory stick with it. I looked it over and can not see where one would go in. At this point I am not sure what to do next.

#4 jamielaw

jamielaw

Malware Ass-Kicker!

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

How about a cd-rom or floppy disk? Could you try that instead?
My Website!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted Image

#5 twjones

twjones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:15 PM

I downloaded the latest edition of Hijack This to a CD but now the PC comes up but it just brings the screen saver (no programs) up and when I try to click on Start the hourglass just sits there. I think we have something that was like a time bomb. Our two teenagers have their own laptops and the PC is just used by my husband and he doesn't download anything. I can possibly start it in safe mode but it is also giving me "keyboard failure" errors. Thank you again for your assistance. We may have to trash this one.

#6 jamielaw

jamielaw

Malware Ass-Kicker!

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:52 PM

When the computer starts up can you see the desktop at all?
My Website!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users