Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shazbat

Shazbat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

I am a relative novice to computers. But my is driving me mad. A friend designed the computer for me. About 12 months ago i downloaded a free 1 hour game from Incredigames. Half way through the game my base unit suddenly started intermitant bleeping which became more regular until it was constantly bleeping. So i deleted the game and everything went back to normal. But over the past 12 months i will go on different internet sites or my daughter will go on the Disney site and it starts again. It seems to start randomly but drives you mad when it does. Please can anyone help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:37 AM

You could start with basic computer cleanup.

http://computercleanup.blogspot.com/

#3 Shazbat

Shazbat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:02 AM

Hi

Thanks for your reply i am going through the process. My son came earlier and started to download a film for me and immediately the bleeping started so we stopped the download turned the computer off and when i swithed it back on the bleeping had gone. One part of the cleanup is spyware. I used this previously and found it removed parts of some of my programmes. How do you know what to remove. Told ya i was an idiot.

Shazbat :

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

Depending on the program, especially with downloaded games, it could be loaded with malware. Malware is a general "catch all" word referring to any unwanted software, such as adware, spyware, virus,..
Here is a link to Beep Codes that may shed light onto your problem.

Edited by acklan, 25 June 2007 - 12:39 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:31 PM

Here are two very good malware (and free) programs.
They will only remove what acklan described.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

http://www.superantispyware.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users