Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wlloginproxy.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 monkeydog

monkeydog

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

Have a minor (so far) problem happening with internet explorer. I am running XP home with service pack 2 on 4 year old Gateway desktop that has normally worked great. I have cable internet running through modem and then into router wich serves a wireless notebook, and then hard wired into my desktop. Occasionally when I go to open internet explorer I get a window with the following message:
WLLoginProxy.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell microsoft about this problem so we can make internet explorer better. Send error report.......

This doesn't happen all the time, maybe 25% of the time during roughly the last week. After I send the error report (or not) internet explorer still wont work. The only way to get it working is to restart the computer and then internet explorer will work just fine for a day or two, and then repeat the problem.
Anybody else encountered this problem? Right now it's mostly just annoying, but I fear that it may lead to something bigger. Would really appreciate any thoughts on this! Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 16 June 2007 - 10:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:49 PM

WLLoginProxy.exe The file WLLoginProxy.exe belongs to Microsoft® Windows Live Login Helper which is a legit service..........ts a browser helper object it helps log you into the microsoft services (Live ID login) which connects most of the microsoft featues like livespace, MSDN, microsoft.com, hotmail.com ect.. by signing you in when your computer starts (same way that it connects to the .NET passport on windows login, which is why it says how many e-mails you have in your inbox on the login screen under your account name if you have it enabled).

try downloading and installing http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/strun_setup.exe this is a program that lets you control your startup programs like MSCONFIG.exe does from the run command, only this program shows the active running background programs as the WLLoginProxy.exe doesnt appear in the startup on msconfig.exe, anyway if you install and run the program then go to the bottom of the screen you will see "Windows Live Sign-In Helper" right click on it and click on "Disable selected items" this will stop the file from running in the future, this shouldnt have any effect on the way windows runs as it can be disabled (but doesnt work in your case) from the IE7 add-ons........uninstalled IE7 and went back to IE6, uninstalling Windows Media Player at the same time

Edited by mme, 16 June 2007 - 10:49 PM.

#3 monkeydog

monkeydog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:28 PM

Quick question, I'm not understanding the last line..."uninstalled IE7 and went back to IE6 unistalling media player at the same time" If I run the program in the link, Will I end up with IE6 and no Media Player? Please forgive me if that sounds dumb, I just want to make sure I understand everything. Thanks Mme!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users