Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Loops In The Booting Sequence

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eperezruberte

eperezruberte

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

Hello!

Last night I noticed my firewall (ZoneAlarm basic) was not on. I went to turn it on manually and there were problems so I went to the website to download the installer. I followed the instructions for a Clean Install as it said that would be the "most trouble-free installation". During installation, there were two windows that popped up that said some (two) .dll files could not be opened and there was an "OK" button so I just clicked it. Now I wish I wrote down the name of the files.. they were something like "vd"... blah blah blah ".dll". Then when the installation was complete I got another window that said that "For this installation to be complete you must restart your system", so I hit "Restart Now" and then the system rebooted but just as it went through the Windows2000 Welcome Screen, it crashed and and started to boot up again. Now, that's all it does. It's in a continuous loop. :huh:

What I have tried:
I tried to use the Recovery Console but didn't know what to do there so I abandoned that option.
Then, I tried booting up in Safe Mode, and that didn't do anything. The same thing happened: it went through the Windows2000 Welcome Screen and crashed again.
I tried booting to the "Last Known Good Configuration" and that did the exact same thing.

What I think:
I think somehow those two dll files got corrupted and if I could somehow access them and fix them or replace them, I would be ok. But I don't know what the names were?
Also, over the past few weeks I noticed a new file was trying to access the internet called LSASS.exe, and ZoneAlarm warned me about it and I always blocked it. :thumbsup: I found information that there was a worm that was related to this LSASS.exe and I wonder if that may have something to do with this.

What I want:
Can anybody help me? PLEAAASSSSSSEEEEEE!!!! :(

Operating System: Windows 2000 Pro
Product Name: ZoneAlarm (Free)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,404 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

I'm throwing this out here as Im not certain if this works on Windows NT/2000/2003. But give it a go and post the error(s) if it does.

Stop the cycling Blue screen of Death and write down the complete error mesage...

Please do this

To stop the reboot process go to
}Start
}Right click My Computer
}Properties
}Advanced
}Startup and Recovery and untick automatically restart

the screen will now stop so you can copy it All and post that info back and someone will be able to better assist.

When you can Download and run this ( Frre Home User Version)
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Edited by boopme, 16 June 2007 - 05:20 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 eperezruberte

eperezruberte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

OK, perhaps I didn't explain it correctly. My computer is NOT booting up. It starts to boot but it crashes just as it is starting to load Windows and it goes back to the start of the booting sequence (where you see all the BIOS information, etc.). So, two things:
1. I don't have a blue screen with ANY error message. The computer is NOT booting up. :huh:
2. The computer is NOT booting up, so I cannot reach Windows to put your suggestion in use. :thumbsup:

So, do you have any ideas on how to be able to load Windows so I can then work on other cleaning/repairing options?

Thanks for your help.

#4 bluenoser2

bluenoser2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

I'm having the same problem , the hal.dll is missing or corrupt . I tried putting the missing file in win2000\system32 folder . Did not work for me . Good Luck I'll be checking to see if you get it fixed.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:47 AM

eperezruberte, have you tried going into safe mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users