Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Financial Records Have Been Compromised

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 miz4tunate

miz4tunate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:26 PM

This is my parents computer but the grandkids (teens) were using it quite a bit (downloading stuff) until recently. The OS is Win Xp SP2. Operating system and internet is on C:\ programs and downloads are on F:\.

Computer starts REALLY slow. I've been trying to remove some programs through add/remove. When I do this it just gets stuck and then either I have to restart the computer or it just will go back to the list of programs. The program that I tried to install got bigger after this. For instance, Essential Blue Audio went from 5,863 MB to 7,835 MB. The odd thing is that after doing that, two more programs on the list became the same size and can't be removed. The other thing is that the icons for the affected programs change. For instance, all of them will have the icom for Adobe Pro 8. I downloaded a trial version of Unshampooer Platinum to try to remove the programs but now I have four programs that are all the same size, unremovable and I am afraid to do anything else for fear that whatever is in there will spread.

I have Panda Antivirus/Firewall 2007, Adware (found only cookies-removed them), Registry Mechanic, SuperAntispyware, Vundofix (found no infected files), had AVG Antispyware (which found spyware and trojans on the PC a couple of weeks ago-removed them) and Rootkiller but removed those two programs as the trial period was up. I also downloaded and ran HJT and will post log as well.

I have been reading all the postings here and elsewhere as well as runnning all these programs but none of them can seem to find the problem. Am I CRAZY?! :thumbsup:

The horrible thing is that my parents (elderly) have had their credit union account compromised in the past few weeks and had to get all new cards and numbers, etc. I am afraid that if this isn't fixed it will happen again and maybe be worse.

Thank you in advance!

Here is my HJT log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:25:10 AM, on 6/16/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16473)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\pavsrv51.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\TPSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
c:\program files\panda software\panda antivirus + firewall 2007\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\PavFnSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\PsImSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Wireless-N PCI Adapter\WLService.exe
C:\Program Files\Wireless-N PCI Adapter\WMP300N.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\apvxdwin.exe
c:\program files\panda software\panda antivirus + firewall 2007\WebProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
F:\Program Files\Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum 2\UIWatcher.exe
F:\Program Files\NkvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\AVENGINE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
F:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.netscape.com/search/?show=&s=dictionary+"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Gary Furlow\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\vu17hd1h.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Gary Furlow\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\vu17hd1h.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.7164\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PinnacleDriverCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSDrvCheck.exe -CheckReg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCLEPCI] C:\PROGRA~1\PINNAC~1\PPE\PPE.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 8.0] "F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [p2pnetworking] p2pnetworking.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [UIWatcher] F:\Program Files\Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum 2\UIWatcher.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Synchronizer.lnk = F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AdobeCollabSync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NkvMon.exe.lnk = F:\Program Files\NkvMon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Append to existing PDF - res://F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://F:\PROGRA~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send To &Bluetooth - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - F:\PROGRA~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - F:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avldr - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avldr.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: EpsonBidirectionalService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Function Service (PAVFNSVR) - Panda Software International - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\PavFnSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service (PAVSRV) - Panda Software International - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Network Manager (PNMSRV) - Panda Software International - c:\program files\panda software\panda antivirus + firewall 2007\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Panda IManager Service (PSIMSVC) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\PsImSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda TPSrv (TPSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\TPSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: WMP300NSvc - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Wireless-N PCI Adapter\WLService.exe" "WMP300N.exe (file missing)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Falu

Falu

• Security Colleague
  • 3,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:24 AM

Hi miz4tunate, :flowers:

We're studying your log right now and will be back to you a.s.a.p.

Thanks for your patience. :thumbsup:

#3 miz4tunate

miz4tunate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:57 AM

Thank you for however you can help me, it's appreciated.

I also wanted to add that I discovered yesterday that when I restart the computer somehow my virus protection level settings are lowered. When the computer restarts, it has the 'protect from unknown viruses' unchecked. I double checked to make sure that when I mark that option that it stays marked after I exit the settings window but when I restart the computer it is unchecked.

Thank you!

#4 Falu

Falu

• Security Colleague
  • 3,001 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hi miz4tunate, :thumbsup:

Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums and thanks again for your patience.

The horrible thing is that my parents (elderly) have had their credit union account compromised in the past few weeks and had to get all new cards and numbers, etc. I am afraid that if this isn't fixed it will happen again and maybe be worse.

You are right: a browser hijacker and downloader called W32/Rbot-AFL is present on your computer, which contains backdoor functionality, allowing unauthorised remote access to the infected computer while running in the background as a service process.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately until it's clean. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or it if it contains any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the Trojan has been identified there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS.

Should you decide not to follow that advice, we will of course do our best to clean the computer of any infections that we can see but, as I already stated, we can in no way guarantee it to be trustworthy.

Visit the following sites for more information on internet theft and when to reformat!

If you have any questions before to come to a final decision, please feel free to ask. In the meantime don't do anything other than the above advice to disconnect the computer etc. Let me know your decision first.

#5 miz4tunate

miz4tunate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for the info. I disconnected the computer and talked it over with my parents since it is their pc. My dad wants me to try and clean it out because they just moved into this house a few months ago and he can't find his XP disk. He also says that he's had this pc for 5-6 years and has lots of programs and stuff that he no longer has disks or passwords for. Can you help me?

What a lousy thing to have to tell him on father's day, huh?

Anyway, if you're game, I'd like to try and kill this. Please let me know what I need to do next.

Thank you

#6 Falu

Falu

• Security Colleague
  • 3,001 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for the info. I disconnected the computer and talked it over with my parents since it is their pc. My dad wants me to try and clean it out because they just moved into this house a few months ago and he can't find his XP disk. He also says that he's had this pc for 5-6 years and has lots of programs and stuff that he no longer has disks or passwords for. Can you help me?

What a lousy thing to have to tell him on father's day, huh?

Anyway, if you're game, I'd like to try and kill this. Please let me know what I need to do next.

Thank you

Okay let's go ahead than and try that.

1. Run HijackThis, click the Config... button, then go to the Misc Tools section and click Open Uninstall Manager. You'll see a list of programs; click on Save List...

The file "uninstall_list.txt" will be created. Copy and paste the contents of this file to your next reply.

2. Run HijackThis again, click Scan and checkmark the following entries:

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [p2pnetworking] p2pnetworking.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe

Close all browsers and windows, except for HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button; close HijackThis!

3. Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete the following file in bold if it exists:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\p2pnetworking.exe

4. Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

5. Please run the F-Secure Online Scanner
Note: This Scanner is for Internet Explorer Only!
Follow the Instruction here for installation.
Accept the License Agreement.
Once the ActiveX installs,Click Full System Scan
Once the download completes, the scan will begin automatically.
The scan will take some time to finish, so please be patient.
When the scan completes, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button.
Click the Show Report button and Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

So please copy the F-Secure report together with the uninstall_list.txt and a fresh HijackThis log.

#7 miz4tunate

miz4tunate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:22 PM

Here are the reports you've requested

The S-Secure Report

Scanning Report
Monday, June 18, 2007 15:37:43 - 17:08:47

Computer name: SONSHINE-0473F3
Scanning type: Scan system for viruses, rootkits, spyware
Target: C:\ F:\
Result: 1 malware found
Tracking Cookie (spyware)

* System (Disinfected)

Statistics
Scanned:

* Files: 36942
* System: 4776
* Not scanned: 4

Actions:

* Disinfected: 1
* Renamed: 0
* Deleted: 0
* None: 0
* Submitted: 0

Files not scanned:

* C:\HIBERFIL.SYS
* C:\PAGEFILE.SYS
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT

C:\WINDOWS\SOFTWAREDISTRIBUTION\EVENTCACHE\{CAF600

1D-60CE-477C-AE19-FEDD0A2B9839}.BIN

Options
Scanning engines:

* F-Secure Libra: 2.4.2, 2007-06-16
* F-Secure AVP: 7.0.171, 2007-06-18
* F-Secure Orion: 1.2.37, 2007-06-19
* F-Secure Blacklight: 1.0.64
* F-Secure Draco: 1.0.35, 0260-23-12
* F-Secure Pegasus: 1.19.0, 2007-05-14

Scanning options:

* Scan defined files: COM EXE SYS OV? BIN SCR DLL SHS HTM

HTML HTT VBS JS INF VXD DO? XL? RTF CPL WIZ HTA PP? PWZ

P?T MSO PIF . ACM ASP AX CNV CSC DRV INI MDB MPD MPP

MPT OBD OBT OCX PCI TLB TSP WBK WBT WPC WSH VWP

WML BOO HLP TD0 TT6 MSG ASD JSE VBE WSC CHM EML PRC

SHB BAT LNK ANI AVB CEO CMD LSP MAP MHT MIF PDF PHP

POT WMF NWS TAR TGZ WSF ZL? {* ZIP JAR ARJ LZH TAR TGZ

GZ CAB RAR BZ2 HQX
* Use Advanced heuristics

Copyright 1998-2006 Product support |Send virus sample to F-

Secure
F-Secure assumes no responsibility for material created or published

by third parties that F-Secure World Wide Web pages have a link to.

Unless you have clearly stated otherwise, by submitting material to any of

our servers, for example by E-mail or via our F-Secure's CGI E-mail, you

agree that the material you make available may be published in the F-Secure

World Wide Pages or hard-copy publications. You will reach F-Secure

public web site by clicking on underlined links. While doing this, your

access will be logged to our private access statistics with your domain

name.This information will not be given to any third party. You agree not

to take action against us in relation to material that you submit. Unless you

have clearly stated otherwise, by submitting material you warrant that F-

Secure may incorporate any concepts described in it in the F-Secure

products/publications without liability.

The uninstall_list.txt

ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint
Ad-Aware SE Personal
Adobe Reader 8.1.0
AnyDVD
ArcSoft Funhouse
Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum 2
AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
Big Money Deluxe 1.22
BookWorm Deluxe 1.02
Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter
Colorize 1.0.0 plugin for Studio 9
Corel Paint Shop Pro X
Corel Painter IX
DivX
DVD Shrink 3.2
Dynomite Deluxe 2.71
EPSON Attach To Email
EPSON Copy Utility 3
EPSON Event Manager
EPSON Perfection V100 Photo Scanner Driver Update
EPSON Perfection V100P User's Guide
EPSON Printer Software
EPSON Scan
EPSON Scan Assistant
Google Earth
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Hallmark Card Studio 2005
HijackThis 1.99.1
HL-Effects for Pinnacle Studio 9 - V1.3
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB914440)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB915865)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB926239)
Ipswitch WS_FTP Pro
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9.01 - (9.0.1.1)
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9.01 Patch
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.1_02
Java Web Start
Jewel Quest (remove only)
Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
Macromedia Flash Player 8
Macromedia Flash Player 8
Macromedia Shockwave Player
MAGIX music maker 11 demo (US)
Marine Aquarium 2.5, Goldfish, Sharks & Carousel Bundle
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903)
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 Template Creation Wizard
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 Template Pack 2
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 Template Pack 3
Microsoft Office Sounds
Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003
Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.4)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
Nero 7 Demo
Netscape (7.1)
Netscape Browser (remove only)
NewBlue Audio Essentials Collection
Nikon View 6
NingPo MahJong Deluxe 1.04
Noah's Ark Deluxe 1.1
NSIS JPsEffects
Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007
Pdf995
PdfEdit995
Pinnacle Hollywood FX 5
Pinnacle PCI Performance Enhancer
Pixie registration fix
Plugin Galaxy DEMO 1.50
PowerDVD
Profound effect Scan lines
QuickTime
RealPlayer
Registry Mechanic 5.1
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB928090)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB929969)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB931768)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB933566)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB911564)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 9 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 9 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901190)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905915)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912812)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB916281)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918899)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922616)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923694)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925486)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
SmartSound Quicktracks Plugin
Studio 9
Studio 9.4 Patch
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition
TaxCut Premium 2006
TipTop Deluxe 1.1
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB904942)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Update for Windows XP (KB929338)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
Viewpoint Media Player (Remove Only)
Virtual Painter 5 (for PSP)
Winamp (remove only)
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Player 11
Windows Media Player 11
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885884
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
WinRAR archiver
Yahoo! Messenger
Zuma Deluxe 1.0

And the new HJT log

Scan saved at 5:19:21 PM, on 6/18/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007

\pavsrv51.exe

\TPSrv.exe
c:\program files\panda software\panda antivirus + firewall 2007

\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
f:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

\PavFnSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe

\PsImSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe
C:\Program

Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

\AVENGINE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpabaln.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage",

"http://www.netscape.com/search/?show=&s=dictionary+");

(C:\Documents and Settings\Gary Furlow\Application

Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\vu17hd1h.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%

3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%

5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Gary

Furlow\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\vu17hd1h.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-

B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common

Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-

CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-

B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program

Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.7164\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} -

c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PinnacleDriverCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32

\PSDrvCheck.exe -CheckReg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program

Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32

\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCLEPCI] C:\PROGRA~1\PINNAC~1

\PPE\PPE.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common

Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI]

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda

Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program

Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "F:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG

Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program

Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel -

res://F:\PROGRA~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send To &Bluetooth - C:\Program

Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-

3C9C571A8263} - F:\PROGRA~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583}

- %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-

4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

(file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-

0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!

\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-

11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!

\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-

00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-

11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0B79F48A-E8D6-11DB-9283-E25056D89593} (F-Secure

Online Scanner 3.1) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows

Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?

linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter

Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - F:\Program

Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avldr - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avldr.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-

94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - f:\Program

Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: EpsonBidirectionalService - Unknown owner - C:\Program

Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) -

SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common

Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision

Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel

32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Function Service (PAVFNSVR) - Panda Software

International - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall

2007\PavFnSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda

Software - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda

Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service (PAVSRV) - Panda Software

International - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall

2007\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Network Manager (PNMSRV) - Panda Software

International - c:\program files\panda software\panda antivirus + firewall

2007\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Panda IManager Service (PSIMSVC) - Panda Software -

\PsImSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda TPSrv (TPSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program

Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007\TPSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) -

Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: WMP300NSvc - Unknown owner - C:\Program

Files\Wireless-N PCI Adapter\WLService.exe" "WMP300N.exe (file

missing)

#8 Falu

Falu

• Security Colleague
  • 3,001 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

Hi miz4tunate, :flowers:

1. Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel and double-click on Add or Remove Programs. From within Add or Remove Programs uninstall the following program:

Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.1_02

Viewpoint is classed as Foistware and a Potentially unwanted program as its sometimes installed without the users consent, There maybe some indications that they will move into tracking users at some stage which you can read more about Here. If you value the service they provide then it can be left on the system but if not then uninstall it as well. More info.

Viewpoint Media Player (Remove Only)

Since your logs look clean I think you're ready to go but please be aware of what I have written in an earlier post: ....there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted.

2. Remove previous restore points and set a new one to purge any malware that may have been backed up:

Click Start>Help and Support>Undo changes to your computer with System Restore
Click Create A Restore Point then click Next. Give it a name it and then click Create

Click Start>Run and type Cleanmgr
Click the More Options Tab.
Click Clean Up in the System Restore section.

This will remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

3. In order to prevent future infections follow these recommendations:

a. Visit Windows Update on a regular basis to stay current with critical updates.

b. Install and run the following free programs:

* Ad-Aware SE
A tutorial on using Ad-Aware to remove spyware from your computer may be found here!

* Spybot-Search & Destroy
A tutorial on using Spybot to remove spyware from your computer may be found
here! Please also remember to enable Spybot's "Immunize" and "TeaTimer" features.

* SpywareBlaster
A tutorial on using SpywareBlaster to prevent spyware from ever installing on your computer may be found here!

* SpywareGuard
A tutorial on using SpywareGuard for realtime protection against spyware and hijackers may be found here!

* IE-SPYAD puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.

Keep all these programs (including your anti-virus) up-to-date and run them regularly.
If you do not update regularly they will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

c. I recommend you to read Tony Klein's excellent article: So how did I get infected in the first place?

d. If you want to fight back the Malware Writers, please take a look here!

Glad I was able to help and if there are any other problems related to your computer please feel free to post them in the appropriate forum. Though we help people with spyware and viruses here at BleepingComputer Forums, we also help people with other computer problems! Do not forget to tell your friends about us!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

#9 miz4tunate

miz4tunate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:47 PM

Hi again! Sorry it's taken awhile to post this, was trying to get finals done and had a relative from Alaska down for her yearly visit. I do appreciate all of your help, but the problem persists. I uninstalled Panda and reinstalled as it kept minimizing protection from unknown intruders and hackers, jokes (?), ect. Seemed fine. I was trying to get delete all programs that were not essential or that my parents have disks. After doing that and cleaning up the hard drive, defragging, etc. They wanted to burn a something and asked if I would reinstall Nero. The disk that they had was v.3 but found that the installer for a 7 Demo was on the hard drive so ran it and it installed. When the pc rebooted, Panda was doing it's thing again. Went into add/remove and removed Nero. It looked gone but was still in c:\. Tried just deleting the Nero program manually and it keeps recreating itself with different program icons. Do you think you could offer some more assistance?

Please let me know what I should do next

Thank you

#10 miz4tunate

miz4tunate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:53 PM

Here is the latest HJT log

Scan saved at 12:29:44 PM, on 6/23/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
f:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PinnacleDriverCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSDrvCheck.exe -CheckReg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCLEPCI] C:\PROGRA~1\PINNAC~1\PPE\PPE.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareBot] C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe -boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpywareBot] C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe -boot
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://F:\PROGRA~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send To &Bluetooth - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - F:\PROGRA~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0B79F48A-E8D6-11DB-9283-E25056D89593} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.1) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - F:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - f:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: EpsonBidirectionalService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: WMP300NSvc - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Wireless-N PCI Adapter\WLService.exe" "WMP300N.exe (file missing)

#11 Falu

Falu

• Security Colleague
  • 3,001 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:45 PM

1. To begin with your log shows that you have turned off your Panda AV and firewall. As you know that's very dangerous. so please turn it on a.s.a.p.

2. Temporarily disable AVG Anti-Spyware as follows:
  • Launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking its icon on your desktop or in the system tray.
  • The main "Status" menu will appear. Select "Change state" to inactivate 'Resident Shield' and 'Automatic Updates'.
  • Then right click on AVG Anti-Spyware in the system tray and uncheck "Start with Windows".
  • (After your system is fully cleaned you can reenable AVG AS.)
3. SpywareBot is on The Spyware Warrior List of Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites so it's best not tu use it anymore. Please check the Trustworthy Anti-Spyware Products-listTrustworthy Anti-Spyware Products-list for alternatives.
If you agree: run HijackThis, click Scan and checkmark the following entries:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareBot] C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe -boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpywareBot] C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe -boot

Close all browsers and windows, except for HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button; close HijackThis!

4. Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete the following folder in bold if it still exists:

C:\Program Files\SpywareBot

5. Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:

* Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer
* Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab
* Click the "Delete Cookies" button
* Next to it, Click the "Delete Files" button
* When prompted, place a check in: "Delete all offline content", click OK

Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):

* Go to Tools > Options.
* Click Privacy in the menu on the left side of the Options window.
* Click the Clear button located to the right of each option (History, Cookies, Cache).
* Click OK to close the Options window
Alternatively, you can clear all information stored while browsing by clicking Clear All.
A confirmation dialog box will be shown before clearing the information.

Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin

* Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok.
* Let it scan your system for files to remove.
* Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.
* Press OK to remove them.

6. You're using an outdated version of Java (latest one is Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u1). Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please update and remove the older versions. Do the following:
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on the Software icon > add/remove programs.
  • Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Java. (J2SE Runtime Environment.... )

It should have next icon next to it: Posted Image
    Select it and click Remove.
  • Then Download and install the newest version from here:

Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u1
7. Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
Please reboot and post the Kaspersky report along with a fresh HijackThis log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users