Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imi

imi

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:26 PM

Hi

I use Office 2003 Pro and have had few problems with its since install. Over last 3-4 weeks it has been noticeably slower, some times it freezes for minutes and then starts working again. I have archived the mail and deleted all but smallest mail and yet the problems still occurs.

I have uptodate AVG pro and SpyBot as virus and malware protection, registry booster to scan and defrag the registry. In frustration I even activated the taskmanager to see what the cpu loading was like. It proved normal, nothing more than 5% while running, occasionally though I would have two occurencies of Outlook, (would this happen when the app views an individual piece of mail?).

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm new here and am not sure if this is the correct place to discus this?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 16 June 2007 - 01:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 imi

imi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:23 PM

Thus problem can be fixed by removing microsoft update 931768. This resolution came from the MS forum.

Outlook is now fuctioning fine and doesn't hang. :thumbsup:

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:08 PM

That update really was trouble.

People who do not get Microsoft updates but only Windows patches do not experience the problem.

It has to do with the large restricted sites list in the Internet Explorer. One of the solutions is to disable Spybot S&D immunization because the Microsoft's bug causes the list to be read for every letter you type. A simpler, but temporary solution is to write mail in text and not html mode. A long range solution, if Microsoft doesn't fix that nuisance, is to use a mvps hosts file instead of Spybot's immunization. I went through all those options and ended up doing hosts. Works like a charm :thumbsup:

#4 imi

imi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:42 PM

Thanks tos226

The problem has returned since another update came through. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users