Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remember How You Tasted Your Baby's Food...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Oh dear, who can blame the mother for turning down free future dinners at an Applebee's restaurant after a oops was made and her 2 year old was accidently served a tequila and Triple Sec in his sippy cup!

Accidents do happen but bet the mom and all her friends now routinely taste both the food and all beverages served to their children in any and all restaurants.

(Source: http://www.mytelus.com/ncp_news/article.en...ticleID=2704076 )
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

If any one had done that to my daughter, accident or not they would be on an iron lung now! :thumbsup:

#3 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:57 PM

Yes Demon Cleaner, I can relate to how you would feel! Similar to how I felt when a server in a local restaurant was silly enough to hold a full pot of coffee over our child and accidently poured some on the baby's head! Geesh!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

MaraM i hope your baby is ok and i hope you knocked the server out!! :thumbsup:

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

Turn down free food?

#6 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:55 PM

No free food offered - in fact, baby was screaming and the server herself was horribly upset which, in turn, brought the Manager over. And he stood there, looked at the bright red marks on skin and screaming child and said, "I'm sure your baby will be fine" and walked off.

I can only think that someone at sometime or other told him to 'admit no guilt' because of possible legal litigation in future. But he did himself and the restaurant a huge disservice.

We had instantly poured ice water on baby's head (causing him to scream even harder) and while the server ran for more ice and some clean cloths, the other people in the restaurant were concerned as well. And once baby settled down a bit and we could see that the burns were simi-superficial (perhaps from having thick hair and/or lots of ice water), we left (without paying, of course).

As we were heading out the door, a great many of the other patrons followed right behind us - and I suspect without paying as well.

We thought the server had learned a lesson she would never, ever forget (and with her running back and forth for more ice water and tears flowing from her eyes and sincere concern, she was instantly forgiven) - but did write to the owner of the restaurant later and while making it clear there was absolutely no intent to 'sue', suggested that all servers receive a safety course in never, ever holding anything over any one's head and gently suggested that his Manager be retrained in PR. Didn't get a reply.

No lasting scars from the hot coffee but we never again let any baby sit in the 'highchair' at the end of any table or booth in a restaurant.

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:44 PM

Wonder if the baby had a Hangover? Sadly enough this doesnt surprise me. I am surprised that the woman wasnt checking her baby's drinks before hand or bringing her own juice inside. (i see both of these alot when I go out to eat nowadays)

Posted Image

#8 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:09 AM

:thumbsup: Hmm!! I wonder a little about the Margaretta in the sippy cup. This very same story went all over the country about a year and a half ago or so!?? Two of the same type of incidents, very possible. I'm surprised more things like this doesn't happen. Everyone seems to be running in high gear anymore and as we all know, when you start rushing people too much mistakes are all too frequent and unfortunatly some with dire consequences.
:trumpet: So sorry to hear about the incident with your little one Mara, it must have been terrifying! Most resturants keep their coffee extremly hot and there could have easily been alot worse damage done. I hate to say it but had I been in your situation I'm not so sure the manager and his cavalier attitude would have been left unscathed! :flowers: As a matter of fact he may have been wearing a pot of hot coffee himself!!
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#9 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

I'm the first to confess I'm not good at 'reacting' - far too many years 'maintaining decorum', sadly. By the time I finally realized that baby was semi-okay, I was far more concerned about whipping him off to the doctor to ensure that the few wee blisters on his scalp got treated so they wouldn't become infected, etc.

In all honesty, I dislike the fact that I didn't 'do more' to the manager than undoubtedly refer to him as a "smuck" or something similar as he walked away. There is a tad of humour in this story, though. I'm renowned for silently wishing nasty people "hemmoroids the size of a bus' steering wheel" - and literally laughed out loud when a friend phoned three days later to say that he had arrived in her medical office with just that - mighty painful ones, too. Coincidence I know, but I still smile when I think about the smuck having big ouchies - evil little grin.

#10 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

I have to look at the alcohol incident from a medical standpoint. If that child was on certain meds, it could have killed him. It would have been dependant on the amount of alcohol they ingested, but still. I have a very low tolerance for people who hurt kids, or cause injury to them.

The coffee incident was just pure stupidity on the servers part. I don't think I would have been nearly as nice as you were to the restuarant staff. You hurt my kid, you deal with his dad - who can be a grizzly bear! There would have been at minimum a police report filed.

I am glad that the children are ok. Still, it makes my blood pressure rise as I hear the reactions of the restaurants.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users