Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Matrix-like Screen Errors?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:03 AM

OK Here we go, I am having a bad time with my display sometimes. I know it isn't my monitor because sometimes the screen works and sometimes it doesnt but I never turn it off, so it must be the video card. Whenever I start up my computer, random pixels will be missing or in different colors. Example: (I blurred out my account names)
Posted Image
The problem goes away after I restart once or it may take a couple restarts.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 15 June 2007 - 10:05 AM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:55 PM

Update your video card drivers.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:50 PM

Ya try updating your driver's. Also, it could be a sign of overheating.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:56 PM

PCI fan is directly on the GPU heatsink and set on high at all times, my drivers are the newest... overheating doesn't seem to do this, as it only becomes a problem when I startup. Then, after one restart or maybe a couple, it will work again.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:11 PM

Is your monitor near an AC unit (Air Conditioner)? I've seen LCD's (like mine at work) take a while to work properly-gets random pixels that come and go and what not. I guess if it's cold it takes it a bit to warm up and work properly.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:48 PM

I can guarantee you it isn't the monitor. It's always on and I NEVER turn it off, thusly I know it's not caused when I turn it on. But yes, whatever the problem, it does skip over some pixels and I think they are in the 256-color range. It does not discriminate against certain colors versus others although blue tints do seem to be prime candidates for the error.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:44 PM

Just because it's always on doesn't mean that something isn't wrong internally with the monitor. The definitive test is to borrow another monitor and see if it does the same thing. If it does, then it's not the monitor - if it doesn't then the monitor is highly suspect.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

This problem is very rare, and did not start when I used integrated video. It's not a big deal, but if this helps: the pixels missed have no pattern going on. When I pull up the start menu or a window, the missed pixels are in a different place.

#9 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:05 PM

Have you checked the cable and connection(s)? Dirty and Damaged pins will cause all kinds of wired issues.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users