Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nurf

nurf

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:48 AM

alright so like any other day I woke up to start my computer and i found that my desktop has changed.. oh no problem i went into properties and tried to change my desktop image but for some reason the panel was locked and i couldn't use it. Soon after i noticed that on my google desktop side bar i could see my desktop through the transparency, so y can i see it? How can i get it so i am not just seeing this dull blue background on my desktop

(Moderator edit: Added explanatory Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 15 June 2007 - 10:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:13 AM

Try rebooting in Safe Mode with Networking Support (mash the F8 button as Windows first starts to load) and then trying these free, online scans:
http://safety.live.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 nurf

nurf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:55 AM

I did all the scans under safe mod ect.. my back ground is still blue. i can imagine it is some kind of virus b/c there is a "!" in the bottom right corner saying your computer is infected bla blah then when that pops up it goes to some fake site or somthing for computer security protection. when i right click properties and go under desktop it is still grayed out so i can't click on any of the options... any tips or any thing so i can get this crap off my computer? I don't know if this is related but using Firefox and IE i can't go on my home page google but on my other computers i have no problem.

#4 daffsbro

daffsbro

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:40 AM

Start up the computer normally Install Ad-Aware, Spybot and AVG Anti-Virus If you cant download them on your computer
Since it sounds like your internet is not working, Burn them onto a cd from another one of your computers,
Make sure you only have one Anti-Virus scanner, Scan for Viruses with AVG Scan for Spyware and Adware with Spybot and Ad-aware. Remove any thing you find Try to Update them when you install them.

You can get them here

www.Marin#Te#chA.com/Files [Take out the # So the Google Crawl does not pick it up]

#5 nurf

nurf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:40 AM

I am installing/scanning with adware and avg but spybot is not working for me (the website) and I do have internet but google won't load.

#6 nurf

nurf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

bump.. Update: Now i can't use my network on my computer so i have no internet on it

#7 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,628 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

You're definitely infected and need some one on one attention. I don't think automated scanners are going to help.

We'll need to see a HijackThis log in order to be able to help you. Please click on the following link and follow all the relevant instructions for precleaning and getting a log posted:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

Please confirm that you have run the required cleanup steps but you can skip any precleaning that gives you a problem. Post back here if you have any questions but please DO NOT post your log in this thread. Start a new topic in the logs forum by clicking here-->start a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users