Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upload Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:22 AM

Ok here are my questions:
1st: When one uploads any file on the web then you're comp gets reformatt will the file be still there?
2nd: How do i use FTP? All i know is that in FTP,you can not only obtain the file but,distribute it
Mind Gaps....forgot the other question

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:34 AM

Ok here are my answers:

1. Yes, it will still be there if you reformat. This is because when you upload a file it gets stored on a server somewhere and doesn't need to reference back to your computer.

2. Beginners guide to FTP
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Commander Gman

Commander Gman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:33 AM

Ok thanks Budapest Just when i needed it :thumbsup:
Will do read this article and try to remember my other question
If you have any more info to add,pls. do so anymore knowledge will be appreciated :flowers:

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users