Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad-aware 2007 & Avg Antispyware Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Josho

Josho

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:02 AM

(Edit)

I have AVG Antispyware 7.5.1 FREE Edition & Ad-aware 2007 FREE Edition installed, They are up to date with the latest software updates and definitions.

I think these 2 are conflicting each other because I am getting and error for AVG when I open it "please reinstall" or something, ok so i reinstalled AVG and it works. Ad-aware though I gotta also do the same thing, reinstall both programs and they work fine... this has happened a number of times, I am sick of reinstalling, I just need my computer for work.

Any suggestions?
Thanks...

Edited by Josho, 15 June 2007 - 05:08 AM.

Chess, Outdoor Sport, Games & Computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Josho

Josho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:20 AM

also, aawservice.exe is an executable that must consistently run; whether or Not you use Ad-Aware 2007... is this a known problem to Lavasoft?

aawservice.exe is HIGH CPU HOG!!!!!

#3 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:59 AM

Might as well read this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95943/ad-adaware-2007/

Ad-Aware 2007 does use a lot of CPU because of its aawservice.exe.
The Lavasoft Team is aware of the high CPU usage and is working on lightening the usage.

As said By SpySentinel

Take out the other one instead and if it works,this concludes that both programs conflict

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

I have had both installed on a Windows XP box for a week, without any conflicts.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Josho

Josho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

Might as well read this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95943/ad-adaware-2007/

Ad-Aware 2007 does use a lot of CPU because of its aawservice.exe.
The Lavasoft Team is aware of the high CPU usage and is working on lightening the usage.

As said By SpySentinel

Take out the other one instead and if it works,this concludes that both programs conflict

Yeah my bad, I went to Control Pannel and edited the services :thumbsup: working now!

#6 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

Great to hear it works then,Josho :thumbsup:
If any more problems come up,just inform us and will try to fix it :flowers:

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users