Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Make A Website Think I'm In England?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 English Teacher

English Teacher

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:24 AM

How can I make a website think my computer is in England?

I'm currently working in Italy until March and I need access to this website
http://bnfc.org/bnfc/
However I can't login as it says that my computer is not in England. And it must be in England to gain access to this site.
I can't ask anybody in England to give what I want as most of the time I need the info there and then.
Please be as detailed as possible with your answers as I'm not wonderful with the computer ie where to get it from (if program) and how to set it up.

Any help would be very grateful.

Windows XP Pro Sp2 Pent 4 80GB HDD 512MB RAM
Browsers: MSIE 6, Firefox 2.0.0.4
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:48 AM

I looked at the site. They provide a link if you have any problems. Contact them and explain as you did here. If they still don't want you to be able to log on, then I suppose they have their reasons (I can't imagine what they might be, though).

If they still don't want you to log on, then that is their decision, and helping you to "trick" them would be "breaching security", and I doubt that anyone here would be willing to help you.

Good luck!

EDIT: They do say in the lower left corner that any breaches in their policies will be "vigorously pursued".

Edited by rlprlp, 15 June 2007 - 06:50 AM.

#3 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:41 AM

It is not breaching security but the different guidelines for medicines that each country has.
A good example is Paracetamol (in Europe) Acetaminophen (in America) : In England you are allowed to take up to 4 grams daily while here in Italy it is 3 grams daily and in America (the same as England)
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

We cannot help you get around security restrictions placed on a site regardless of the reasons. If they do not want to allow anyone outside England to access it, then that is a restriction they put in place, and we cannot help you bypass it. I suggest, as already done above, you contact them directly and ask if there is any way to access the site from outside the country. If there is a legitimate way then they will tell you.

Otherwise, if you have the ability to connect to a dialup in England or remote desktop machine at your office in England, you can use that to connect to the site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users