Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avi File Won't Convert

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

Hi, I have a AVI file which I want to convert for viewing on TV (to VCD/DVD). i tried using nero, but all it gives me is a blank screen w/ some "no signal" screens. Win AVI just crashes.

it seems to be this particular AVI file, b/c i tried other AVI files, they convert fine.

I have DIVX codec too. Also, I can watch the video using Windows Media Player, but i just cant seem to convert.

thxs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:27 AM

Is the AVI file you are trying to convert using the DIVX codec you have? DivX AVI are quite different and might need to be converted to a normal AVI first, then to VCD/DVD.

~Sp0nge

#3 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

I know this one is complicated, but get Bulent Screen Recorder 4, record what you're trying to convert, and save it as AVI or WMV there. (Do make sure the recording box on Bulent is near exactly 640x480 or it won't look right on the TV.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 15 June 2007 - 03:18 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#4 funnytim

funnytim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:33 PM

ok i figured it out by converting my AVI file to DIVX format, using DIVX converter. then, i converted it to WMV format using WinAVI. then i could burn it using nero.

thxs.

#5 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:58 AM

Ouch, long process :thumbsup:

But if it works.. Good on ya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users