Ok this is weird. I've been going to PC Pit-Stop b/c people at this forum recommended it. I like the site a lot. However I've been having trouble with 1 of their services. I wanted to Scan my Drivers to get a list of them & to see if they need to be updated. There is a feature @ the site which will do that for you. I clicked on it. PC Pit-Stop sends you to a partner site that runs the scan. That site is "Touchstone".http://driveragent.com/?PHPSESSID=67d6b174...9d529121806a4ae
I access the site fine. They prompt you to install something. I accept. It starts to scan just fine. Then it gets stuck at 36% finished. I left the PC run for over 40 mins & no change. Heres what happened.
* The processing light was blinking solid the whole time.
* My power source exhaust was running the whole time.
* It sounded like my Laptop was in the middle of a large project.
* My keyboard & mouse were disabled.
* The whole laptop was frozen in that state for over 40 min
* The only way to recover control is to manually re-boot.
I don't know what caused this to happen. I've had the exact same reaction using both IE & FF so its not a browser issue. I've had PC's crash before but never freeze up like that, as if they were in the middle of doing something. Can anyone shed some light on this matter?
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!