Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Driver Scan @ Pc Pit Stop Is Crashing My Pc!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

Ok this is weird. I've been going to PC Pit-Stop b/c people at this forum recommended it. I like the site a lot. However I've been having trouble with 1 of their services. I wanted to Scan my Drivers to get a list of them & to see if they need to be updated. There is a feature @ the site which will do that for you. I clicked on it. PC Pit-Stop sends you to a partner site that runs the scan. That site is "Touchstone".
http://driveragent.com/?PHPSESSID=67d6b174...9d529121806a4ae
I access the site fine. They prompt you to install something. I accept. It starts to scan just fine. Then it gets stuck at 36% finished. I left the PC run for over 40 mins & no change. Heres what happened.
* The processing light was blinking solid the whole time.
* My power source exhaust was running the whole time.
* It sounded like my Laptop was in the middle of a large project.
* My keyboard & mouse were disabled.
* The whole laptop was frozen in that state for over 40 min
* The only way to recover control is to manually re-boot.

I don't know what caused this to happen. I've had the exact same reaction using both IE & FF so its not a browser issue. I've had PC's crash before but never freeze up like that, as if they were in the middle of doing something. Can anyone shed some light on this matter?
Thanks!
======
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

I remember reading on another forum (which I don't visit anymore, as I began to feel that their members didn't know as much as they liked to think that they did...that in itself is worth considering)... anyway, I remember reading several posts that that site (driveragent) is some type of a scam.

It is not my intention to imply anything. I just thought that I would share with you something that I remembered from quite some time ago. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users