Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Mail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wildchild1162

wildchild1162

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

Can anyone please explain to me on the new windows mail how to take peoples email addresses off of the send bar, Outlook used to just put their names up there, but this new one is putting the whole address up and a few people I know don't like their email address displayed. It is driving me nuts because I can not figure it out. :huh: Thank you for any help you can give me!
Wildchild

Tomorrow is a gift not a promise, so ride, live, love, laugh, and dance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

If nothing else, use a BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) when you are sending email for those that you know do not wish to have their email address shown. I'm new to Vista too so I'm not sure but I think that would get the job done. Please post back if you find a better answer! :huh:

#3 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:08 PM

Hi Jazz, thank you for responding, I hate to sound like an idiot but I have no idea what a blind carbon copy is, nor can I find it anywhere? Same here I am brand new to Vista and darn I miss Outlook, lol.
Wildchild

Tomorrow is a gift not a promise, so ride, live, love, laugh, and dance

#4 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:12 AM

Blind Carbon Copy lets you send email without having others learn the address of those that you are sending emails too. It is turned off by default.

Here is a link that explains blind carbon copy and how to turn it on:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2149/vista_...ind_carbon_copy

(Copy this and paste it into your browser. You should be all set. Good luck. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users