Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reg

reg

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

I have a compaq SR1629 Running windows XP 1GB ram 3.0Ghz procesor. I need to replace the power supply it has an ATX 300-12Z-Rev installed but dont seem to be able to find this model on the net to purchase anyone got any ideas as to what could replace it without harming anything
Yours Reg :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:55 PM

Well, don't worry about getting the exact model by any means. About the only thing that matters is the number of pins on your mobo power connector (20 or 24). Skip around this problem with a PSU that has a 20+4 connector for both types. Beyond that, be sure it has enough wattage and stable power, and enough plugs. (All the plugs you really need are a couple molex, a 4-pin CPU, and some 3-pins.

TOTALLY FORGOT TO NOTE THIS: You will need to get a PSU with a matching form factor. Most are ATX, but you will have to check on your current PSU.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 14 June 2007 - 03:04 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

One thing to keep in mind is that some compaq's, HP's and Dell's are proprietary when it comes to certain models of their brand. A standard ATX psu that'll fit all ATX cases might not fit in a Compaq case, or it might fit but the mounting holes might not line up. Let me see if I can't find some links for you...
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

This model does support standard ATX check this link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...mp;lang=en#N857
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:03 PM

Nice find-thanks for the link oldf@rt! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Says micro atx--did I miss where it was standard ATX oldf@art? :flowers:

Edited by stevealmighty, 14 June 2007 - 06:05 PM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:48 PM

this machine uses a micro atx Mainboard, this case series from compaq uses an ATX 2.0 series power supply. I have worked on compaqs using this case, and they normally uses a bestec power supply. I have put many, many 350 ANTECs into this case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817371003

I have also installed bigger ones, up to 550 watts, and this also:

http://www.mdmm.com/spec.php?productid=155
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users