Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Cannot Display Page

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 doughboy47

doughboy47

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:32 AM

I've been having a problem with trying to get to one web page. I can surf the entire web with no problems except for the one page. The address is www.deercreekspeedway.com It is a local dirt race track i go to often. I had no problems 5 days ago going to the site, but since I get the error above. I emailed the admin of the site and it is working fine. I have run a spyware sweep, and my anti virus program to no avail. I've emptied my temp folders, forms, cookies, and history.
I am use IE 7 and have a cable modem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:55 AM

Check the filter levels on your firewall and AV.

Click Start / Run / type in; cmd/ and at the black command screen type in; ipconfig /flushdns
and/or try:
Start / Run / type in; regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Click OK

You might also try to empty your Temporary Internet Files folder:
Open IE.
Click Tools.
Select Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Click the Delete Files button.
When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.
Click OK.

Also check PC date and time.
Double click the time in the taskbar, to open, and make sure the Time Zone and Daylight Savings settings are also correct.
Some sites block access when you have incorrect time settings.

Also, see if either of these helps:
Error message: The page cannot be displayed
Troubleshooting "Page Cannot Be Displayed" Errors

Edited by tg1911, 14 June 2007 - 11:56 AM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

doughboy47,

I moved your HijackThis log to the appropriate forum.
Here is the link:
doughboy47's HJT log

NOTE:
Please, DO NOT make another post in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might think someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

Also, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.

Since you now have a HJT log posted, I'm going to close this topic.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users