Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes At Agpcpq.sys

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Julienn

Julienn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

Hey everybody,

I have a one year old e-machines T6410 desktop with Windows XP SP2 on it. It worked fine, but something happened apparently, but I don't not what exactly.

It froze, I tried to reboot it - I couldn't, then tried "Safe Mode" -> It starts, but stops at windows/system32/drivers/agpCPQ.sys and freezes forever. That's it. I can't do anything with it.

By the way, I didn't download or install any new programs or drivers on it lately. Nothing in his system had been changed prior to this "freezing" problem. And another problem, we bought it from Circuit City without any recovery disks :flowers: (the son of bleep was on sale).

May be somebody could help me? :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

Did you update your BIOS?

Go to your manufacture website and download the latest BIOS version and do a update. It might works.

Just a question, What's your Harddrive file system? Is it FAT32 or NTFS?

Edited by Nikas, 14 June 2007 - 11:49 AM.

#3 Julienn

Julienn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

> Did you update your BIOS?
No

I went to e-machines web site - they don't offer to download BIOS. I chatted with a technical support rep, she said I need to try to reboot my computer while pushing F11 button to get to Full System Recovery option, if this doesn't work they offered to send me a Recovery CD. They didn't tell anything about BIOS.

Even if I download new BIOS (how I can tell it's new?) - what do I need to do next?

>Just a question, What's your Harddrive file system? Is it FAT32 or NTFS?

Honestly, I have no idea :thumbsup:

Edited by Julienn, 14 June 2007 - 01:05 PM.

#4 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:13 PM

There are two ways to find your BIOS information. One way is without downloading any software another way is download CPU-Z.

Both ways work fine.

First way:
Open Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information. Here you will find System Summary on the left and its contents on the right. Find the BIOS Version option and your BIOS flash version displayed.

Second way:
Download CPU-Z and you can find all information there.

What the technical support rep suggesting you to do is do a recovery of your system back to the state when your first purchase your eMachines. I believe you won't want to do this unless you don't have other choice.

Even if I download new BIOS (how I can tell it's new?)

If we know your current BIOS version and brand, we can easily go online and check if yours is the updated version.

Just a question, What's your Harddrive file system? Is it FAT32 or NTFS?

Mine is NTFS, NTFS is much better in terms of security wise. (did I get my facts wrong? lol)

If you are able to boot up normally, go to My Computer > Right click and select Properties. You will be able to see your File System being stated there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users