Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Option Missing In "add Or Remove Programs"?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Clydesdale™

Clydesdale™

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:16 AM

Uninstall option in "ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS" is missing??

I did a search in this great forum but didn't find a problem like this so here we go....

When I go to Control Panel, ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS and the list of programs show up..... the Add / Uninstall option ain't there for any of them. I've never seen that before. Ever since I installed Windows Live Messenger 8.1 BETA, my computer has been crashing... screen goes black so I have to reboot but that's another problem. So, I can't uninstall any programs at all. Matter of fact, Windows Live Messenger 8.1 BETA doesn't even list at all in the ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS list; WTF?
I installed "Total Uninstall" but from what I see, that program will not uninstall existing programs.

Any suggestions anybody?

Thanks in advance.
Clydesdale™

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:32 AM

Try Kelly's Korner.

Remove Add or Remove Restrictions - #208 on the right.

As this is a registry edit you should backup the registy first.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Clydesdale™

Clydesdale™
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Budapest but that site has me totally confused. On 208 to the right, I click on it and all I see is:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Uninstall]
"NoAddRemovePrograms"=dword:00000001
"NoRemovePage"=dword:00000001
"NoAddPage"=dword:00000001
"NoWindowsSetupPage"=dword:00000001
"NoAddfromCDorFloppy"=dword:00000001
"NoAddfromInternet"=dword:00000001
"NoAddfromNetwork"=dword:00000001
"NoServices"=dword:00000001
"NoSupportInfo"=dword:00000001

What do I do with that? :flowers: LOL

I installed "Advance Uninstaller Pro 8.1" and that program tells me "Windows XP Control Panel icon Removal is not Permitted". :trumpet: How do I change that? :thumbsup:

Edited by Clydesdale™, 14 June 2007 - 02:23 PM.

Clydesdale™

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:01 AM

What you need to do is save that .reg file on your computer somewhere and then double click on it. This will merge it into your registry, which will hopefully solve your problem.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Clydesdale™

Clydesdale™
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:35 AM

What you need to do is save that .reg file on your computer somewhere and then double click on it. This will merge it into your registry, which will hopefully solve your problem.

Ok, I did that but it's worse now, I can't even get into the ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS at all now cuz the whole folder is restricted. How do I reverse that?
Clydesdale™

#6 Clydesdale™

Clydesdale™
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:07 AM

It's ok, I undid it by using Add or Remove Programs Restriction - Undo" from line 146.

That's a very useful site.
Clydesdale™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users