Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Live Search

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:11 AM

Hi everybody :trumpet: Lets try this post again but with out the forums database crash.

I wasn't sure if I should have posted this here or in the game section but choose to post it here because more people will see this here than in games.

You haven't seen me around much for the last week or so because of what I am about to post.

MSN has a game site called Live Search Club where you receive points for playing their word games. When you have enough points you can redeem them for prizes ranging from ring tones, music downloads, tee shirts, XBox and PC games and Microsoft hardware & software all the way up to an Xbox 360.

I waited to post this to make sure it was on the up and up and it is. I have just received via FedEX my free full version of Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate today. This is MS's top of the line Vista package, the software has a price tag of $400.00 and all it took me was about a total of about twenty five hours of playing word games (which I enjoy anyway) to earn it. Shipping and handling was also paid for by Microsoft, you can't get any better than that. :thumbsup:

Here is the URL to the Search Clubs home page, you can sign up there. You can play the games without one but you must already have or you must create a Windows Live ID account to earn points for redemption, but this is free to do so no loss there.

http://club.live.com/home.aspx

Here is a link to the prizes currently being offered:

https://club.live.com/get_prizes.aspx

Here is a site that I use to help find all the words for the games:

http://www.a2zwordfinder.com/literati.html (This site is especially helpful for the Chicktionary game.)

The game that seems to have the the most points available is the Flexicon game, 25 points a game and enough games in the system to earn 5800 points. My advice would be to play that game until you max out the points and then move on to the others as you wish. Also do not quit any games, close out the screen instead if you have to quit, once you quit the game you can not go back to it and will lose any points you missed.

For those who choose to partake in this offer, have fun and good luck.

See You around :flowers:

Ron
There is no justice, there is just us.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

Man I had a huge response to this, will say it again :sigh:. I valued the point on this club to the XBox 360's point value. Each point is worth 1.14 cents. If you earn 40 points every five minutes, you earn $5.47 an hour, not too shabby for the unemployed. IRONY ALERT Vista costs $400, the 360 costs $400, but Vista is worth 6000 points, while the 360 is worth 35k points wow! So all you have to do is win Vista, sell it on eBay, buy a 360. WHen a point is valued to vista, it comes to around 6.6 cents per point. Do the math again, when trying to win Vista you are earning a whopping $15.84 an hour!! Play NOW PLAY NOW PLAY NOW PLAY NOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:59 PM

16 bucks a hour here I come....I get about 10-12 at my current job but only work 2 hours a day.
One vista copy will help me get my rims for my civic or that 250 dollar casio watch I want. I know its expensive but its got a thermometer and its solar powered(plus other goodies)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users