Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardware

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 oldbod

oldbod

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:45 PM

Hello all,once again i need advice!! My home built computer is working just fine,the Motherboard is
Asus A8N-VM CSM, with intergrated graphics and 5.1 audio. to obtain sound it appears that i need a sound card? and from my limited knowledge it seems to be PCI Expressx16. could anyone please enlighten me on this,and anything else i need to know before procuring same and installing !!!
Thanking you and regards to all
Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:53 PM

and 5.1 audio.

From what I find it has built in audio. You should be able to plug in your speakers and get sound. The PCI Express 16 should be for a video card. Have you tried pulgging in your speakers? In all the jacks, just in case you tried the wrong one, it's been known to happen.... :thumbsup:
If you've tried, you might need to enable it in the BIOS.

Let us know..
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:10 AM

If you have a near-standard mobo, your mobo's I/O panel should have at least one plug: a 3.5mm jack with either green or blue. If it does, it has integrated sound.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#4 oldbod

oldbod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

Thank you Wildabeast and Ryan3000. After reading your input i not only found a bad connection on the speaker( in) but i also had to enable Audio in the bios!! Will remember this and try to be more with it, in future.
Many thanks from an old Pome,now a Kiwi !!
Best W ishes to you both.
Jim

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:13 AM

Glad you figured it out.

old Pome,now a Kiwi

OK your'e gonna have to dumb it down for me, what's a Pome, and a Kiwi??? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#6 oldbod

oldbod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:39 AM

Wildabeest,
A pome is a person bourn in England and the P.O.M.E. was derived from the old days when E ngland sent its convicts to colonise new countries.
A Kiwi is a Newzealander,nicknamed after its indigenous flightless bird the "KIWI"
Jim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users