How to remove SpyHazard (Removal Instructions)
At this time there are no reports of SpyHazard being bundled with any malware. If this changes in the future we will update the guide to reflect additional procedures necessary to remove the infections. An image of SpyHazard can be seen below:
SpyHazard image from February 2007
Tools Needed for this fix:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyHazard] C:\Program Files\SpyHazard\SpyHazard.exe /h
Add/Remove Programs control panel entry:
6/13/07 - Initial guide creation.
Removal Instructions for SpyHazard:
These steps may appear to be long and daunting. They are, though, quite easy to do and consist of so many steps only because I have written them in an extremely detailed manner.
- Print out these instructions as we will need to close every window that
is open later in the fix.
- When your computer has started in safe mode and you see the desktop, click
on the Start Menu button.
- Click on the Control Panel option.
- Double-click on the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- Find the entry for SpyHazard 3.1 and double-click
on it to uninstall the program. Follow the prompts to uninstall the program,
but do not allow it to reboot the computer if it asks.
- When it has completed uninstalling you can close Add or Remove Programs
and your Control Panel.
please reboot your computer and when you are back at the Windows desktop, delete the following folders (Do
not be concerned if this folder does not exist):
C:\Program Files\SpyHazard 3.1\
- Close all open Windows.
- Next, we will perform an online scan with Panda to find any possible inactive
remnants from this infection: Panda
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC
- A new window will open...click the Check Now button
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address and click send
- Select either Home User or Company
- Click the big Scan Now button
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note:
It may take a few minutes)
- When download is complete, click on Local Disks to
start the scan
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
- When the online scan has been completed, let it remove what it finds, and then you can close Internet Explorer.
Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
This is a self-help guide. Use at your own risk.
BleepingComputer.com can not be held responsible for problems that may occur by using this information. If you would like help with any of these fixes, you can post a HijackThis log in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
If you have any questions about this self-help guide then please post those questions in our AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum and someone will help you.