Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Artification And Keyboard Randomness

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tilley

Tilley

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

Hi everyone Glad to be part of this forum :thumbsup:

Onto topic 1: After about 20-30 minutes of playing a game i get bad artifacting and have to restart to see the screen so far it does this in FEAR, Stalker, Trackmania nations, CS Source and Warcraft 3. The weird thing is the temperatures only get up 2 60-70 which didn't cause artifacting with my old card.

Topic 2: In some games my keyboard just does anything it wants for 4 seconds and then returns to normal but soon does it again after about a minute or so. Now being a very enthusiast FPS gamer thos 4 seconds could be the diference between life and death.

What i've tried: For topic 1: I tried purchasing a Zalman vf 700 CU cooler and fitted it, i tried turning down the voltages, using the stock cooler on aeroplane noise levels but i still got the same thing, tried putting a fan just outside the computer blowing full blast, got the latest drivers for the Card and got the latest patches for the games.

Topic 2. Re-installed windows, bought a USB Keyboard.

Any suggestions would be great thanx guys.

Once again glad to be part of the Forum :flowers:

EDIT: System specs: Amd Athlon 64 3500+
Biostar 6100 m9
768 Mb RAM
GeCube X1950XT
Sata II 400GB

Edited by Tilley, 12 June 2007 - 10:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

The artifacting sounds more like a power supply issue rather than a heat issue. Make sure that the power line that runs from the PSU to the gfx card doesn't have anything else plugged into it (a "clean line"). What do you have for a power supply (link would be nice too!). I've seen where an under rated PSU will cause artifacting, and experienced it first hand! :flowers:

As for the keyboard not responding, it sounds more like a lag issue rather than a keyboard issue. What do you have running in the background? You could try disabling everything that's not required to run to help free up things (resources) to help make it easier for the cpu to run the game. Also, try dropping down the resolution to the lowest setting to see if it helps (I know, it'll hurt your eyes!). If it stops lagging, or lags less, then you know it's caused by having to much going on in the back ground (your computer/gfx card will have an easier time running lower graphics in a game than running higher graphics).

Try it out and let us know! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Tilley

Tilley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

Well for the Clean line. Yeah there is nothing else plugged into it.

and here's the link to my pc's powersupply

Nd for the keyboard issue i do that anyway, i close all the programs that i dont need to free up Memory and i tried running games on lower resolution but still to no avail. So thats why im so confused about it. :thumbsup:

Thanx for the suggestions though :flowers:

Edited by Tilley, 12 June 2007 - 12:51 PM.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:07 PM

Have you had your case open lately? Are all of the wires tight? Is the fan still working on your graphics card? These are kinda common, and usually overlooked.

Does it artifact at all right from the start, or does it do it just after playing games for a short while? Have you tried pulling your side off your case and putting a fan so it's blowing directly into the case to see if it's just not getting hot?

If it's not a wire issue, and it's not a cooling issue, then I'd still venture a guess that it's a power issue. I read some reviews on that card and did see where some people had mentioned that buyers need to ensure that they've got enough amperage on the +12v rail to power the card. I couldn't find the specs for your psu :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:17 AM

I'd check the temps of your graphics card (usually done with a utility from ATI - but I'm not familiar with it).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users