Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet/Virus problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Reeshu

Reeshu

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:53 PM

Ok I apologize if this is the wrong place for this but this is the best place that I saw that I could post it...anyway.

Everytime i get on the internet this thing comes on "Please wait for plugin to download" I've deleted this virus so many times and it keeps coming back. If i d/c the internet it doesnt come back but as soon as i put the internet on it's there.

I'm using McAfee...Spyware Doctor...Spybot Search and Destroy...AND Spysweeper. (All updated) THey can all detect it no problem but it keeps coming back to my comp. Plz help... :thumbsup:

ANY response I will be grateful for

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:07 PM

You could try Lavasoft Ad-Aware & Update.
It's free.
It won't conflict with those you mentioned you use.

Microsoft has a new, effective program out now, too.
(the MS Anti-spyware is for win2000, winNT and winXP)
MS Anti-spyware Beta 1.
The fact that it's in beta hasn't stopped millions of downloads & trials.
A thorough write up on it's screens one by one

In situations like this, we often resort to asking you to post a HijackThis! log report, Reeshu.
While the free program doesn't always reveal the answer
when trained individuals decypher it,
it was designed to illuminate (ennumerate, in fact) the areas
of your operating systems files that are often effected by malware.
We can't rule that out based on your description of the symptoms you are experiencing.

Read this brief tutorial,
and the proper place & way to post is shown in a step by step manner. How to post a HJT log.

It will mention the requisite precautions.
Don't worry, just scan & post.
Wait a while for responses to your post.
Might be good to read while you wait. :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 20 January 2005 - 05:18 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 Reeshu

Reeshu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

HJT LOG here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9585/hjt-log-reeshu/

#4 Reeshu

Reeshu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:14 PM

I'm gonna be more specific with mine actually hopefully somebody can help me...

My (.tmp) files are the viruses that keep getting infected. (There may be others that I can't find I dunno... I'm not a computer genius or anything)Most of the them are infected with Dialer.RAS/Dialer-Generic/Downloader-SG/TIBS Dialer. I use a router alright. When i restart my comp and i have the plug to the internet OUT of the router...my computer is fine but as soon as i plug IN the thing something will pop up saying "Please wait for plugin to download/setup" and another thing saying "Would like to enter this website?" Like I said b4 tho I deleted this viruses over and over and over again with the virus programs and manually and nothing is working. They somehow keep downloading on to my computer without my permission. The thing will only pop up once and no more but my computer stalls for about 2 seconds just whenever. I'll be playing some game and bam it'll freeze up for about 2 seconds then run again but it's very annoying. PLZ HELP ME

P.S I forgot It also creates a folder called WebSiteViewer in the Program Files

Edited by Reeshu, 21 January 2005 - 11:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users