Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:11 PM
1) At the Safe Mode options, choose Enable Boot Logging.
2) Reboot and attempt to enter normal mode.
3) Reboot and enter Safe Mode
4) Go to the C:\Windows directory, locate the ntbtlog.txt file and copy it to your Desktop
5) Open the ntbtlog.txt file on your Desktop and copy all the text to the clipboard
6) Open up a spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc and paste the contents to the spreadsheet
7) Cut the Safe Mode stuff from the bottom of the log and paste it in the column just to the right of the normal mode stuff
8) Compare the 2 listings to see if you can locate any issues there - either with failing drivers in normal mode, or in differences between the Safe Mode and normal mode boot sequence.
This will help to identify the problem with your system - but I suspect that this is an issue with your video drivers, so you may want to try updating them in Safe Mode with Networking Support.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.