Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Video Card Crashing My Stuff

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 supersquaw

supersquaw

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

I have already given my computer a beat down. I installed the new video card and have had my computer freeze up many times and I dont know what to do anymore. I did however smash the back of my computer, and rip out the video card and throw it on the floor. I havent gotten that pissed off in a long time. It felt good though

Also when I hook up the s video to video out, when I boot the computer the screen is all squished down until it gets to the desktop. And my monitor has a input not support window bouncing around the screen. the picture on the tv also has a line scrooling up the screen too.

Anyway, its an ati radeon 9200 pci 128mb
dell optiplex 150 1.3ghz p3 512 mb with win 98se

Any ideas?
Take what you can, give back nothing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

Double-post.
The lines running up your TV screen are normal with tubed TVs.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:59 PM

Your original problem may have been to outdated drivers or an overheating card. All problems since then could be related to your :thumbsup: . If your computer is running still try taking the case cover off the computer and placing a house fan next to it and see if it stops freezing. Also check your event viewer and see if there are any error messages..

To run event viewer. Start------->Run------>eventvwr--->return
select each tab and list any errors that occurred during the time the computer froze.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 11 June 2007 - 03:00 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users