Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nero Lite

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

Hi All,
I heard about "Nero Lite" which is a toned down version of the Nero 7 190MB fatware download. The lite version has pretty much all I need.

I could only find it through a couple of websites through a Google search as Nero says they do not support it.

Questions:
1) It's a demo version, where would I buy a serial key? Or can I legally? I'm located in Canada.
2) Will I be able to update the program through Nero?
3) Any other comments on this product?

Another alternative is to use Nero Burning ROM 6.6.1.4 or 6.6.1.15a. Do any of these versions work with Vista 32 bit? I was able to download the trial but would NERO still sell product keys for older versions?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

I just had the most frustrating time with Nero, and think their software is poorly written. I downloaded a program called DEEPBURNER instead and it worked flawlessly, and is currently eating up a mere 8 MB for the program.

I am not sure on the Vista question, but I can tell you that there are better (free) softwares for burning out there.

#3 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:48 AM

In Vista, can't you just change the Compatibility mode to be Compatible with XP?

Audio and Video forums this is? Isn't it? lol :thumbsup:

~Sp0nge

Edited by sp0nge, 12 June 2007 - 02:18 AM.

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the recommendation re DEEPBURNER, jwinathome. I just looked it up and discovered they have a free version and I'm going to see if it does a better job than Roxio. (Got the Roxio program preloaded with my new computer but the very first time I used it, the pesky thing messed up my 'auto burn to CD' that was built into Windows XP).

Thanks again,
Mara
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

I've been using the freeware version of DeepBurner for a few years, Mara, and haven't had any problems.
Before that, I tried Roxio, and that was one major waste, of time. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 genthore

genthore

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

I use the fatware (Nero7 Ultra Enhanched) you speak of and I happen to like it. It supports PureVideo which makes my media look great and it has a ton of features. Yeah it takes up a good chunk of spce but I have 2 320GB hard drives so space isnt a problem. Nero is rock solid and isnt going anywhere, its all I'll use. from the nero site you can buy downloadable serial numbers and there is a update page there to make sure your up to date with drivers .

Edited by genthore, 13 July 2007 - 07:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users