Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection Disconected Suddenly

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Learner87

Learner87

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:17 PM

Hi there, I using a lap top to connect to the wireless router in my office. I can surf to the internet even the right bottom corner icon was shown "Not connected" status. But the problem is, the connection won't maintain long, it will disconnected in a while and i have to conect it again. Any1 can help me out here? Thnx!
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:53 PM

How good of signal do you get (double click the connected icon).

Gavin Seabrook

#3 Learner87

Learner87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:31 AM

The signal was Very good and the Bar was full.
Posted Image

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

Check your event viewer (START>CONTROL PANEL>ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS>EVENT VIEWER) under the system log. Look for any errors relating to DHCP, TCP/IP, or NETWORK. Please list the following:

EVENT ID
SOURCE
DESCRIPTION

Gavin Seabrook

#5 Learner87

Learner87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:25 AM

I found tht there were many error. Here's the picture tht i print screen:
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8154/systemlogge1.jpg

Edited by Learner87, 19 June 2007 - 04:28 AM.

Posted Image

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

I can't read the image - but just double click on the latest one's and copy the info to your next post.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Learner87

Learner87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

Here's the latest 1. Tq.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:35 PM

I took a look through some of the events on Eventid.net and the Tcpip messages for the event 4201 is saying you established a normal connection, but each time you see that, it means your network card is constantly connecting. I would need you to double click the DHCP ones, and copy & paste the description of that one here.

As for the server one, ID:2504. This problem can be caused by:
1.A lack of memory,
2.A malfunctioning network interface, or
3.A network device that became unavailable during startup.

Sometimes could be nothing, but it could be your network card.

The w32time, ID:17 and ID:29 are as follows.

you can usually take that away if you turn off the internet time. You can accomplish this by double clicking your clock at the bottom, and in the new window, click on the "INTERNET TIME" tab.

But as stated, if you could please post the "DESCRIPTION" of the DHCP event id, it would be very helpful.

Gavin Seabrook

#9 toprealtor

toprealtor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

I have a similar issue but have tracked it down to it being a problem with routers that have a password. Non password networks, the laptop stays connected with no problem. I've turned off the firewall, but that hasn't made a difference. Suggestions???

#10 Learner87

Learner87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

It says "Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 00130201798B. The IP address being used is 192.168.1.49."
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users