Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thats It Ive Had Enough!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 stoppokingme

stoppokingme

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

ok to put this short, whenever i play a graphics heavy game such as rainbow six vegas, half life 2, elder scrolls oblivion, the game stops, the screen goes black and my computer goes into off mode, doesnt shut off but goes to sleep. I already completely rid my computer of spyware and bleep (thanks to this website :D) and i updated my card drivers. can someone please help me? My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS. any help would be great.

kirk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 evilmonkeyz

evilmonkeyz

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

Could a problem with your temperatures. What temp is your computer running at?
If life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, then find a buddy that life gave him vodka and throw a party!!

#3 Wyzrd

Wyzrd

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:53 AM

Yea thats what I was gonna say. If the graphics card gets to hot it will force the computer to shut itself off so it can cool down.

#4 stoppokingme

stoppokingme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:07 AM

well i have a digital temperature gauge on my comp. and it has been reading from 92-102 degrees F. it is water cooled but im starting to guess that might not be enough. is there anyway to find out for sure that is the problem? like some kind of diagnostic or something?

thanks
kirk

#5 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

This may be a dumb question but did you apply the cable from your video card to your powersupply? my games would do that when i didnt have the cable connected( didnt realize one came with my 7600 gs tell a day later haha). That card needs some serious power to run, even if you have the cord connected your power supply might be to weak.

Edited by cliver, 11 June 2007 - 02:09 PM.

#6 stoppokingme

stoppokingme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:34 PM

This may be a dumb question but did you apply the cable from your video card to your powersupply? my games would do that when i didnt have the cable connected( didnt realize one came with my 7600 gs tell a day later haha). That card needs some serious power to run, even if you have the cord connected your power supply might be to weak.

well that could be the problem except i have no idea how to check for that........how would i be able to find out???

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

Was this preassembled or did you ad the card/ What is the Motherboard?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

If he's talking about your 6-pin power plug, you should find one hanging off your power supply and plug it into the side of your VGA. The plug itself has a 3x2 pin head and should fit your VGA nicely.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#9 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

My 7600 GS came with a color coded cable with two plastic ends, one connects to the top of the card and the other connects to a cord that comes off your power supply(which looks similar).

#10 stoppokingme

stoppokingme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

ok well, im gonna check to see if that power wire somehow came disconected today, but im also gonna check my water cooler in my computer. i have no idea if you have to change that or not but im gonna check anyways. im gonna cross my fingures.

kirk

#11 stoppokingme

stoppokingme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:44 PM

ok no extra plug outlet and its not overheating, i installed new drivers, played oblivion again and got this error message. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293078 only problem is every single driver i download doesnt work, and i even reinstalled directx 9.0c. do you guys have any suggestions?? i really dont want to go out and buy a new video card :thumbsup:

#12 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:23 PM

sounds like you might have a defective card, might want to call someone about that..specially if its under warranty.The one thing i find weird is it only does it when you try to play a game? seems like if the card was damaged it wouldn't work in other areas.

You try driver version 93.71 for the 7 series?

#13 stoppokingme

stoppokingme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

yeah i have that driver installed.........but in that same area i have 4 other files in there too, so those could be interfering with the driver, im gonna go call nvidia right now and pray its still under warranty.......

kirk

#14 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:00 AM

Do you know you need to uninstall your old drivers when you install new ones?

#15 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:04 AM

Ya I got a bsod one time from my old graphics card, that said something about an infinite loop. I talked to a tech support from the company and he told me just to send it back. I got a new one and no more problem. So it looks as if your card might be dying/dead.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users