Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"send To" In Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

Dealing with the "Send To" folder in Vista is pretty much the same as it is in Windows XP, only the location of the folder is in a different location.

Find the Send To folder:

1) It is a hidden folder so we first need to make it visible. Click Start, Computer to open Windows Explorer. Now click Tools > Folder Options > View > put a tick next to the option Show Hidden Files and Folders and click Apply > OK.

2) To navigate to the Send To folder, double-click your main drive, usually OS (C:), > Users > and then double-click the folder for the particular user > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Send To.

Add Items to Send To:

1) On the File menu, point to New, and then click Shortcut.

2) Follow the instructions to create a shortcut.

OR

1) drag and drop a Shortcut of the Item you wish to be added.

Now, when you right-click a file, and click Send To, the shortcut to the item you selected will be an option. You can create shortcuts to files, folders, applications and more.

If you dislike navigating to the Send To menu every time you want to add to it, there is an alternative method.

Create a "Send To" option in the Send To folder:

1) It is a hidden folder so we first need to make it visible. Click Start, Computer to open Windows Explorer. Now click Tools > Folder Options > View > put a tick next to the option Show Hidden Files and Folders and click Apply > OK.

2) To navigate to the Send To folder, double-click your main drive, usually OS (C:), > Users > and then double-click the folder for the particular user > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows.

3) You should now see the Send To folder, right-click it and choose the Create Shortcut option.

4) The new shortcut will be in the same location as the Send To folder. Drag and drop it into the Send To Folder.

Now anytime you want to add an item to the Send To menu, right-click the item point at Send To and choose the "Send To" option from the menu.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:,

Edited by nosnhoj#3, 10 June 2007 - 06:56 PM.

When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users