Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Coh Black Screens?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:59 PM

I would assume the problem I am having with black screens on Company of Heroes is simply the incompetence of my graphics card, but I have a Radeon 9250, which I didn't think was so old. Could it be a software problem?

I think I have this figured out, CoH is a DX9 game and my DX8 card just got phased out.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 10 June 2007 - 09:00 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:35 PM

OK I know better than to ask this question, but I just have to salvage my 9250 for a little longer. Can my DX8 card run DX9 games in any way shape or form?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

I know in some games, like call of duty 2, I would lag real bad. then I set on dx7 mode and it played real nice/and the graphics looked great. this also, is an option with Guild wars, but to run in dx8 mode.

Now, I believe only certain games support the option to do this though. Maybe if you can google something, I don't know what else to tell you.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 j0nath4n

j0nath4n

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:36 PM

Go to www.systemrequirementslab.com to see if your computer meets the requirements.

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

OK back to square one after that forum backup rollback thing. Anyway, I had gone to the site j0n reccomended and let me tell you that is awesome. I passed minimum and met 75% reccommended. I still do not have a DX9 card, how do I run CoH in DX8?

Hello, anyone here? I have a dilemma on my hands, as I don't know whether to upgrade my DirectX to 9 or to keep it at the newest 8 drivers (the highest DX on my VGA)

Edited by Ryan 3000, 14 June 2007 - 11:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users