Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Site Not Found....wondering

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dingdingding

dingdingding

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:33 PM

Okay, I'm re-doing this post to clarify/update:

I have Windows XP.
I use Mozilla AND Firefox browsers.
My firewall is Sygate.

I have been trying for the past two or three days to access my website's email, but both of my browsers keep telling me that 'mail*sitename*com cannot be found'.

I can access my site with no problem. It's just my email account that seems to be the trouble.

I just tried a 'ipconfig/flushdns', but that didn't help.

I also disabled my Sygate firewall, and that didn't seem to help either.

I don't know what I'm doing, and am afraid that I'm messing up more things than I'm fixing. My site host said that they would have to talk to some technical people to solve my problem. I'm just worried that the problem is on my end, not theirs.

The only things that have changed on my computer lately, has been to install and then uninstall a virus program that didn't seem to work very well (Counter Spy.....this didn't work well for me....it's probably a spectacular program for others....it just acted very strangely on my computer, so it had to go) and to install and then uninstall an add-on to Firefox (banner blocker program). I've also had one Firefox update fail to install. After all of this install-uninstall, I did a system restore to try and get all of my settings back to where they were. Oh, and I've also recently installed Key Scrambler, which is awesome and works great.

I've done some reading on Mozilla pages, and there is some kind of dns pinging thing? I'm not sure if that's the fix for me, since this problem only happens at my own website's email log in page. I've also tried to access this page from many different sources, not just my bookmark.

Any thoughts?

Thank You.

Edited by dingdingding, 10 June 2007 - 06:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users