Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Darksma

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lisa33

lisa33

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:44 AM

Found Darksma on spyware scan and can't remove it. Need help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,985 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

You will likely need help in the Hijack This Forum to remove Darksma.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

You probably have a vundo infection so you can try this first.

Follow the the instructions for using Vundofix in BC's self-help tutorial "How To Remove Vundo/Winfixer Infection".

If you continue to have problems afterwards, then I suspect the vundo infection includes new files not yet detected by the tool. If that is the case, then follow the directions for using HijackThis and post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts.

Some variants of this malware will hide certain entries in a hijackthis log to prevent detection so BEFORE posting a log rename HijackThis. Open the HijackThis Folder, find the HijackThis.exe file, right-click on it and select rename. Type Analyze.exe and hit "Enter". Double-click on Analyze.exe (which is still HijackThis).
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 lisa33

lisa33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

Hi. I previously had an issue with Darksma, I followed the advice I was given ran all the programs and now when I run Adware it comes up clear except for something called MRU in the privacy section. I remove it , it comes back. Spybot is comming up now except for Windows Security Task manager, was not sure if I should remove. Well now when I get on the internet I get 10 different pop up pages if I close they come back and I'm not able to manuver on this web site without problems pages comming up blank.

Help please

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,985 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:22 PM

Did you run the Vundofix as instructed by Quietman7 in your other post?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 lisa33

lisa33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:31 PM

Buddy215, when I try to open to read your advice the page is blank. Could you send it to my email please. Whatever virus I have it is not allowing me to open pages. *email address removed.*

Thank you

Edited by rigel, 11 June 2007 - 08:15 PM.
email address removed to protect from spambots

#7 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,583 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:59 AM

Hi lisa33,

I've been forwarded your log via PM. We really need to get your log posted in public if at all possible. If you are able to send the log via PM you should also be able to post it here. Try giving the page some time to load.

You might also want to download and install a different browser, such as Firefox. Then see how pages are rendered with it. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

If the forum works better with Firefox than IE, please start a new topic in the HJT forum. If you are still having trouble with new topics, try posting it to this thread by Add Reply. I will then split the log off into its own topic and put it into the HJT forum so that you will be the topic starter.

I'll also send the contents of this post to you by PM to make sure you can see it.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#8 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,583 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

lisa33, I edited your last reply to include your log and then split it into a topic of its own. So now you have a New topic in the Logs forum that can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry545197

As I mentioned in my edit of that post, I can't be the topic starter and post the log for you. We have some modifications to the forum in place to keep the Logs forum well organized and so that it runs more smoothly. It's a bit hard to explain, but trust me, it is better this way.

I will answer that thread as soon as I can. If you have any problems posting a reply let me know by PM or email. As I've mentioned before, we need to keep this in the forum--private communication is a last resort for tech support.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users