Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Change Resolution Notice

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Brantwood

Brantwood

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

Hello,
When I attempt to play any game I keep getting a blue resolution notice advising to change resolution to the one I already have set.
Lately the blue notice has started appearing as part of my start up programme. My question is , how do I disable this notice?
The notice says press ! to clear the notice and press 2 to disable the notice, but that doesn't work. Any help would be very
much appreciated. I have asked this question on a few forums and never received an answer that works.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:09 PM

Have you scanned for viruse or Malware recently? Freeware virus scanners and aplications
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Brantwood

Brantwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

Yes, I regularly scan with PC-Cillin and System Mechanic Pro also GMER and ad adware/
Thanks for replying

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

I will try and research this, I have already noticed most of your other post. Hopefully we can work this problem out :thumbsup: for you. Anyone else out there feel free to jump in here.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:05 AM

I have no clue about this - but suspect it's either a video driver or a game issue - although an issue within Windows is entirely possible.

A few questions:
1) What games do this?
2) What kind of video card do you have?
3) Please take a screenshot of the warning and post it for us to have a look at.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Brantwood

Brantwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

Hi,
Thanks for trying to help me. To answer your questions they are
1. Games I play are Ship Simulator, Helicopter simulator, Murder on the Orient Express and so on
2. My video card is a GEFORCE6200LE
3. I would like to post a photograph of the message , however, Not beng too clever , I don't know how to do it when it appears
during a game. It also appears during my start up. Looked at what loads during start up, but can't identify the file that causes
the resolution warning.

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:48 AM

See the following link for how to grab a picture of the screen.

How to make a screen shot in Windows
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 Brantwood

Brantwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:38 AM

Hi,
Followed your instructions and took a print screen shot when the blue resolution was showing, but when I looked at the screen shot
it did not show the resolution notice. It showed everything else, but not the resolution notice.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:19 AM

This, most likely, means that the notice is not from within Windows - as such, I'd suspect it's your monitor. Do you have the most current monitor drivers installed? I get similar messages from the LCD TV that I use as a monitor (and I don't use the monitor drivers because none are available for my TV).

Edited by usasma, 11 June 2007 - 10:20 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:39 AM

Since the notice did not show in the screenshot, it is a resolution notice generated by the monitor. The resolution must be changed to one that the game and the monitor support.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#11 Brantwood

Brantwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:17 AM

Hi
That is really interesting about the fault being with the monitor. I was convinced the answer would be in the registry.
The resolution notice tells me that my best resolution is 1280 X 1024, which is what I have the monitor set to. I have
tried experimenting with various other settings but still keep getting the same message that my best resolution is
1280 X 1024. I am trawling to see if I can get an updated driver for my monitor WJ1780PI . Once again my thanks to you all for taking an interest in my problem.

Edited by Brantwood, 11 June 2007 - 11:19 AM.

#12 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:32 PM

Phew :thumbsup: , I am glad they had some ideas. I was at a loss.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:04 PM

http://www.nam.aocdisplay.com/aoc/index.html

#14 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

even though you have windows set to the proper resolution, your game is changing it when it starts. Nothing is going to be damage worse case scenario is you will see a few artifacts because of the incorrect resolution. Try checking the games properties and see if you can adjust it's resolution.

#15 Brantwood

Brantwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:04 AM

Hi,
I went through every possible combination of screen resolution last night and still kept getting the same blue notice.
I can't change the resolution of the games because they are downloaded ones.
Thanks for your suggestion. What puzzles me is why I get the same blue resolution notice during my start up?????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users