Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone seen Farenheit 911 yet?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:08 PM

Anyone seen this movie yet? Propoganda or fact? Or both even?

Curious as to what people felt.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gaelic123

gaelic123

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:57 AM

I saw the film yesterday. It was heart wrenching. Everyone leaving the theater was either wiping away tears, or trying to control their outrage. No matter where you stand on this administration, you should see this film before the election.

Mary
Dell XPS 933Mhz processor, 256 RAM, Windows98se, Linksys Cable/DSL Router,
Norton Internet Security Anti-Virus & Firewall, Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Spywareblaster, Spyware Guard

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:21 AM

It is propaganda that uses the mask of a documentary. The Bush-Saudi connexion is really just a far-fetched conspiracy theory. The juxtaposition of snippets to create a "link" is certainly unfair. What bothered me most about this film is that people actually reacted to it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:49 PM

As we all know there are 3 sides of the truth, one side, the other side, and then the truth. This was moore's side, and though I do not believe in how he skewed factions or interviews to fit his bill, I definitely though the movie was interesting and worth seeing.

#5 r4d1c4l

r4d1c4l

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:04 PM

As we all know there are 3 sides of the truth, one side, the other side, and then the truth. This was moore's side, and though I do not believe in how he skewed factions or interviews to fit his bill, I definitely though the movie was interesting and worth seeing.

I have to agree. Michael Moore made several accusations In his film. And some people dont really see that, they just go by what he tells them. Sure Bush is not America's greatest president, but neither was Ronald Reagen and now that Reagen died people are gonna like him. I wonder is the same will happen to George? Im sure a lot of people will disagree with me but thats my opinion.

#6 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 July 2004 - 12:06 PM

It's a bit of both Moore of course uses his way of directing and not telling the other side of the story as in Bowling for Columbine. I believe there are some truth's to the story because of W's big daddy wanted the New World Order. A little research will show you about 60% of the thing's said are true. But again the other side of the story was not told. I loved the part though where Afghanistan was part of our hope and there army was "our army" that part is true. I don't think bush is going to make it though another round. Not that we have a better choice! But we get what we get and Kerry I suppose is the better of the 2.
I'm Brunt and I approve this opinion :thumbsup:

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:20 AM

History will judge the accuracy of the film, by which time it will be forgotten or simply a footnote in a graduate seminar paper. Events are more subtle than the film suggests.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 Haus

Haus

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:20 PM

Hello All
Thought I might drop my opinion in also.
I have not seen the movie for the simple fact that I do not intend to support any of the propaganda that comes from the hollywood left that can use their celebrity status to get in front of a microphone and rant and rave about the way the country is being lead. If you are not willing to stand up and defend your country from the aggressors then you might as well surrender it, and join the Kerry, Edwards & Fonda campaign.
Just my 2 cents.
Sorry
Didn't mean to rant and rave.
no offense meant. :thumbsup:

#9 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:36 PM

I think we are entitled to our opinionsand glad you shared your's I fought In Desert Storm back in 91 and it was a waste of time and forces. Like said above of course it is just one man's point of view. When we went in we were told to kill anything not American So I have to believe some of what he say's. I think someone from the right wing should also make a movie discrediting what Moore say's. I don't see bush saying any of it is false. I am not saying he is a new world Hitler(that would be to nice lol) But any canidate we choose is full of it from any which way the good thing about clinton is he did not hide the fact he was full of it. Bush just is not as Charasmatic as some of the other presdents ie..Reagan , Clinton.. And I dont trust someone that can't read lol. Don't know if you seen this one but go to google and type in weapons of mass destrution and click im feeling lucky. Funny stuff. Thats just my 2 cent's Not saying Im right or wrong just what I think

Or you can click this link..

Google WOMD

Edited by brunt, 19 July 2004 - 04:17 PM.

#10 Haus

Haus

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2004 - 04:15 PM

Weapons of mass destruction... hum... that could possibly be another topic.
Numerous mass grave sites reflects to many poisonous snake bites perhaps.
Desert Storm...hum... waste of time.
I enjoy driving my auto to where I need to go versus walking because there is not enough oil to provide gas for all Americans to fill there tanks 2 or 3 times a week.
As far as Bush commenting on anything M. Moore has said or done in his movie, would you believe him... :flowers:
Yes as far as opinions go, everyone has got one and I respect them all.
Thanks for yours.. :thumbsup:

#11 r4d1c4l

r4d1c4l

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:48 PM

I dont wanna sound rude or stupid, I just dont fell like going into my explanation,

but:

I really really dont like John Kerry. It seems purple hearts are tickets into the white hou....o here I go. :thumbsup:

#12 kandice

kandice

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:42 PM

Farenheit 911 was a great documentary. After seeing boys like my brothers and my friends (many of them poor boys )drafted and sent to Viet Nam against their wishes, this film brought back all the sadness. Many of us in the packed theater cried at the end of the film. Viet Nam was senseless and unecessary and so is the war in Iraq.

#13 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:31 PM

Hello All
Thought I might drop my opinion in also.
I have not seen the movie for the simple fact that I do not intend to support any of the propaganda that comes from the hollywood left that can use their celebrity status to get in front of a microphone and rant and rave about the way the country is being lead. If you are not willing to stand up and defend your country from the aggressors then you might as well surrender it, and join the Kerry, Edwards & Fonda campaign.
Just my 2 cents.
Sorry
Didn't mean to rant and rave.
no offense meant.  :thumbsup:

Haus, I second that emotion.
Posted Image

#14 kandice

kandice

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:03 PM

Michael Moore is a genius.. People who have not seen his movie are really not qualified to weigh in on that subject. but we are in a free country so why not give an opinion on a film you have not seen.Moore uses facts not propaganda, unlike many of his critics.

#15 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:10 PM

Some of it was propaganda of course but not all of it. I mean it was just a director's way of showing "his" view just like oliver stone does on his over the top movies"they" are both great directors and are able to get there message across. But some of what Moore said(I'd say 60%) was true!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users