The trojan appears to be gone. Let's check if there are any remnants or other unwanted items.
Please download Ccleaner
and save it to your desktop.Tutorial for CCleanerDuring the installation be sure to UN-check the box for "Ccleaner Yahoo Toolbar" unless you want it
. Do not scan with it yet
Download AVG Anti Spyware
Use the link at the bottom of the page under "AVG Anti-Spyware Free for Windows Installation Files"
- Install AVG Anti Spyware
- Double-click the icon on Desktop to launch AVG
- On the main Status screen, under Your Computer's Security, click Resident Shield
- Click the word active to change it to inactive
- On the top of the main screen click Update.
- Then click on Start Update. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
- Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
- Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
- Under "Reports"
- Select "Do Not Automatically generate report after every scan"
When you have finished updating, EXIT AVG Anti Spyware. Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly.
Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key repeatedly until a menu shows up (and choose Safe Mode from the list). In some systems, this may be the F5 key, so try that if F8 doesn't work. Login on your usual account. Make sure to close any open browsers.
From Safe Mode run Ccleaner
- Click on Options,
- Select Advanced
- Now UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours"
- Make sure the Cleaner block on the left is selected.
- Do not use the "Issues" block . It's meant for professionals.
- Choose the Windows tab.
- Check everything EXCEPT Advanced part of the Menu.
- Click on "Analyze". This process could take a while.
- If you don't want to loose your login passwords to certain sites, click on Options
- Select cookies and move the ones you want to keep to the "cookies to keep" section, by highlighting and using the arrows in the middle.
- Choose Run Cleaner.
When CCleaner shows how much has been removed, cleaning is finished. Click Exit
If you have more than one users, run Ccleaner for every user
Run AVG Anti-Spyware
with it's updated definitions:(...it's important that all windows must be closed)
- Click Scanner
- Click on the Scan tab
- Click Complete System Scan to begin scanning.
Once the scan is complete do the following:
- If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"
- Once finished, click the Save report button, then click Save Report As and save it to your desktop. (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).
Restart in normal mode.
Perform an online scan using Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
- Click on located at the bottom of the page.
- A "pop up" window will appear. Please ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
- Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click "Free Online Scan" The download of the 8 MB Panda's ActiveX control will take place
Begin the scan by selecting
[*] If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
[*] Please ignore any entry it finds and the offer to buy the program to remove the entry, as we will address this later.
[*] Click on
and post back the contents please.
Scan with HijackThis and save the log.
Please post back:
AVG Anti Spyware report
Panda Online Scan report