Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo To Drawing/caroon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 highlander

highlander

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

A while ago I saw a program that took a photo and made it look like a drawing, sometimes it looked a little like a cartoon. It was pretty effective for changing the tone of a document or publication. Especially good when reducing the image for a logo etc where a photo loses it's detail, a 'drawing' is still easily identified.
Of course at the time I wasn't too interested, and now I need it, duh to me!
Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Thx in advance, Mike
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:56 AM

I believe a lot of graphics programs may have such a feature, highlander.

I just checked Paint Net and it has a "pencil sketch" feature in "effects" that seems to do what you describe.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:53 PM

Most "professional" editing software will have filters that can do such things as what you're looking for. There are even "plug-ins" made for programs like Corel draw and Photoshop. Like in my sig below (yes, I know that Corey Dillon is no longer with the Pats, but I haven't had the time to take him out! GO PATS!), I used an ink outline to get that outlined effect (using Photoshop). What I think you are talking about was the difference between vector and rastorized image. Most images, vector or raster will look fine when reduced. When you enlarge them, that's when they start to look grainy or "pixelated". Different programs will have different features, unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with them to know which ones could help you and wich ones would be useless to you. :flowers: HERE is a link to free programs that are in another section of this forum. Scroll down a bit to Graphics Design & Editing and below it you'll see the different programs.

Perhaps someone else will chime in that has a knowledge of some of the programs listed that can help to narrow things down for you! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users