Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Things That Annoy You

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

hi guys and gals
what i am asking is what are the things that annoy you!!
mine is computer related but yours can involve anything you want.
what annoys me the most is when my computer starts playing up(which is a regular occurence)

what's yours
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:32 AM

What annoys me,is when somebody I know (not mentioning any names here) has a habit of opening new items before the old one is completely finished. Whether it be toothpaste,toilet paper,soap,Drinks,food stuffs, whatever.I never get cranky,just humour the person to change their habits.:thumbsup:
Any other person experience this?

Edited by DSTM, 10 June 2007 - 12:46 AM.

#3 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:52 AM

What annoys me is that the smoke that comes out of smokers
It drives me like crazy :thumbsup: :flowers:

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:08 AM

What annoys me is that the smoke that comes out of smokers
It drives me like crazy :flowers: :trumpet:

You mean one of these Smokers? :inlove:

http://www.sausagemaker.com/MeatSmokers.html

Ex smokers tend to do the most complaining. :thumbsup:

Edited by DSTM, 10 June 2007 - 01:11 AM.

#5 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:15 AM

:thumbsup: :flowers: Well sort of...
Even the BBQ grill,the chimney
all sorts of smokes
It always keeps me awake for some wierd reason like if it was cofee already :trumpet:

Edited by Commander Gman, 10 June 2007 - 01:20 AM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#6 Joe_Brett

Joe_Brett

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:40 AM

When your on a game on the xbox/pc etc. and you forget to save it and it crashes....

it's heartbreaking :thumbsup:
B R A D F O R D C I T Y A F C

#7 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:43 AM

When your on a game on the xbox/pc etc. and you forget to save it and it crashes....

it's heartbreaking :thumbsup:

Yeah especially if it warns you to turn off and you've done a lot of progress so far :flowers:

#8 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:24 AM

Not specifically directed to this forum, but this really ticks me off about help forums in general.

I post a question or ask for something, like if there is a small tweak I can do in order to get one specific thing to happen. And usually I'm pretty sure it can be done before I ask, but I just haven't found the exact place do it yet. So I go to the specific forum for what I'm trying to do... thinking that somebody there has probably already done this and can tell me.

The first response is to install an application that is nice, but it does more than what I asked for...and doesn't quite do what I'm looking to do, although it's close.

I'm then forced to reply back because if I don't, people may think my problem is solved. I want to keep the post alive in case somebody who does know how to do it will come along and read it. So then I have to figure a way to say thanks but no thanks to the responder because I don't want to seem ungrateful; but that's not what I asked about.

Meanwhile, inside my head, I'm screaming at the guy who tried to help for not paying attention to exactly what I wrote. :thumbsup:

Edited by mommabear, 10 June 2007 - 09:24 AM.

#9 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:38 AM

mommabear -

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

(See my signature)

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#10 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:45 AM

There are a couple of things that really annoy me. Firstly, so called 'soft-scoop' ice cream, and you find yourself looking for a chisel. Secondly, this only applies to fellow men; some toilets have seats that fall down to easily - you're half way through doing 'it' and the toilet seat falls down, it's so annoying! :thumbsup:

#11 bilko

bilko

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:52 AM

Mine is the same as DSTM's.

Also what annoys me slightly more is people putting empty or nearly empty things back, so when you take a quick look you still think youve got some left.

Example.

Putting a carton of milk back in the fridge when there isn't even enough milk left to make a new coffee or tea.

Or similar thing with bottles of sauce.
Posted Image

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:03 AM

mommabear, I have to agree with you about not qualifying what is really being asked and responding to that specifically.

Another one that bugs me is when someone post a thread looking for help with a problem and another person with a "similar" problem will post their "similar" problem that usually is different enough to not actually be "similar". This can only get better as different people respond to both questions.

D-Trojanator, I can relate to the toilet seat problem, this seems to be a problem of logistics that women don't take into consideration when they place those big fluffy covers over the lid. The good news is if you get the timing down you won't have to shake it. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#13 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:27 AM

Girls wearing to much eye shadow as if they need it to be pretty....

Cussing constantly when talking or ANY cussing period is just so stupid and not needed and makes you sound like a idiot.

Like when people say "thats just a load of @#$#" or something. Why not say thats just bad or something instead of saying a word that has no meaning whatsoever of what you are trying to say.

Thats it for now ha ha

#14 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

some toilets have seats that fall down to easily - you're half way through doing 'it' and the toilet seat falls down, it's so annoying! :thumbsup:

Yeah I threatened to fix my grandparents because their's has done that since I was 5.

The Llama Song, the g/f, warm beer, Cummins engineers, ohh the list goes on and on and on.

Posted Image

#15 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

with you on the warm beer BlackSpyder
had my beer in the fridge all day and after i take one out its warm before i can drink it(its around 80 degrees here at the moment and its nearly 20 to 10 in the evening)trying my best to drink faster

The Llama Song and Cummins engineerscan't agree with you on them as i don't have a clue what they are :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users