Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Login And Password Window Won't Pop Up?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OhhHenry

OhhHenry

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:24 PM

Okay - here goes - I will try to make myself easy to understand.

I belong to another forum site for carving pumpkin patterns. I just got my membership via paypal and received my email with my user id and password information. However, when I go to click on the member's link to sign in for the patterns, it just kicks me to a message that says, "Oops, you need to be a member....etc etc" Apparently, what should happen is that a window SHOULD pop up asking me for my login information.

HOWEVER - I don't get that window at all. I don't get a bar at the top of my screen telling me that it's being blocked, I get NOTHING. I messaged my sister, and asked her to try from her computer, and she can get it from there. I have been trying to get help from the administrator of the site, but even he is stumped.

ANY suggestions!?!?! Is there something in my settings that I should change? I even set to accept cookies, but NOTHING

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:44 PM

Hi OhhHenry and Welcome to BC!

Try this and see how it goes.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. (This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only)Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

#3 OhhHenry

OhhHenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

Okay, well I tried that - still nothing. I'm going to try the technical support I guess and see if they know what it might be. I am willing to bet it's something simple and stupid that I'm missing, but I just can't figure out why I get no pop up window on that page.

#4 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:56 AM

Are you just trying out using Internet Explorer? Do you happen to have other browser such as Firefox, Opera or others?

If not, try downloading other browser and try.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,836 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

Do you have a popup blocker enabled? Hold down the Ctrl Key while opening your sign in link. That will let you know if thats the issue.

Be (Pop Up) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 OhhHenry

OhhHenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

I'm on Internet Explorer, but I'm going to download Firefox and see if that makes any difference.

I did try what you said about the holding the Ctrl key down, and all that happened is that I got the same message, but in a seperate window.

If there's a pop up blocker doing this, shouldn't I receive a notice or something that a pop up is being blocked? I have not downloaded anything for blocking, just whatever is in IE 7

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:49 PM

Yes, IE7 should notify you if it's blocking anything. Try the Firefox and see if that works.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users