Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spy Crush Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 little dude

little dude

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:00 PM

i was downloading something then i get a ton of pop-ups on the spy-sweeper program about things downloading into my pc. spycrush was downloaded into my pc and i keep getting the pop-up. i tried to do both things (automated and manual removal) on this topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80749/how-to-remove-spycrush-removal-instructions/. on the automated part i did everything right to step 9 but i didnt get a red screen with a countdown to reboot. on the manual removal instructions i couldnt find :\Windows\System32\ckimzeb.dll or C:\Windows\System32\gsrnxgh.dll. also, after i did the automated instructions and didnt work, i tried going into the start menu search and typing in SpyCrush. i found spycrush 3.1 and deleted it to recycling bin. then i emptied the recycle bin. is there any solution to this?im on the panda scan and it says i have 93 spyware right now..thanks for reading and please answer

Edited by little dude, 09 June 2007 - 12:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:10 PM

I don't know if Panda will remove what it finds. The programs below have had success in removing the malware.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 little dude

little dude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

i downloaded the superantispyware thing and right now in the scan i have 607 threats detected but my computer is running perfectly.. the only problem is the annoying spycrush pop up

#4 little dude

little dude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

the super anti spyware thing didnt work out so well, i still have the annoying pop up, and 1 question is that will the spyware i have on my computer take my credit card information or personal info on orders before this whole thing happened?

Edited by little dude, 09 June 2007 - 01:02 PM.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:19 PM

This program has had success removing spycrush. You could also give Smitfraudfix another try.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 little dude

little dude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

i really do appreciate the help your giving, the rouge remover didnt work though so i'll try smitfraud again. the main problem is that i dont get a red screen showing that the comp will reboot, or a notepad screen with the files removed from the comp

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:23 PM

This version of Smitfraudfix was updated today. Delete the version you have and use this one.
http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix_En.php

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

..on the manual removal instructions i couldnt find :\Windows\System32\ckimzeb.dll or C:\Windows\System32\gsrnxgh.dll...

The tutorial shows the Hijackthis entries and files associated with this malware. However, they may not always be present especially if you already have used anti-malware removal tools. They are all listed so you can check your system to see if they are still present after following the posted instructions.

Are you rebooting in "SAFE MODE", before selecting option #2 when running smitfraudfix.

The log can be found at the root of the system drive, C:\rapport.txt.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users