Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Case Cover's

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:59 AM

Hi all, dose anyone know if i can get a new or replacement case cover for my pc, as evrytime i want to open my pc to clean it i have to take the full cover off by undoing the screw's at the back. I've seen new case's where the side either come's of or swing's open on hinges. My pc is a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P. Thankyou,,,,,Ian
Figgis,,,, LUFC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:02 PM

Well unless they make a spare part for your specific case, your case has a specific form factor and fitting that no other case duplicates, so I believe you would have to jury-rig one yourself.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:25 PM

If its a custom built PC you could problably get another case thats easier to work with. If its a manufactured PC it may have some proprietary devices that wont fit into a standard ATX case. is Fujitsu Siemens the manufacture of the computer or just the name of the case..
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

you could get a new case. Antec and Lian-Li are very nice.
-or-
If you can take pictures of your current case (with and without the panel on) i may be able to see if there is a fix for your issue (couldnt tell from the manufacturers website How the side of the case comes off)

BTW if your PC looks exactly like the one shown on the website you should have no proprietary devices

Posted Image

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:36 PM

I'd leave it alone. Of course, I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". :flowers: To make it a bit more accessible, you could replace the screws in the back with thumbscrews like these HERE. This will save you from having to use a screw driver to remove the current screws that you have to hold your side panel on (these scew on/off by hand).

If you were to get a new case, you'd have to transfer all the parts from one case to another, risking damaging parts (could get expensive, or might not happen at all). Also, as with some dell's and HP's, while a case looks like a standard ATX case, it might not be. The holes might be a half inch off in one place or another, or the motherboard used might have mounting holes in different locations that would require a certain case. Check into this to make sure that your case is a standard ATX case and that you can remove the parts and install them into another case with no fitting problems at all.

Best of luck! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:39 PM

If you can't replace anything, just replace the screws that hold it on with big thumbscrews, then they're easy to take off. My case has those, and I open it a lot to disconnect/connect fans and change stuff around (yes, I will get a fan controller soon, I'm looking for a good one).

Posted Image

#7 IndigoRed

IndigoRed

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:16 AM

Or do what I do and leave the screws off... the Screw Police haven't caught up with me yet! And I've yet to have a panel even think about falling off...
On a Scale of One to Ten, I Eat Lunch

Be Afraid. Be Very, Very Afraid. I could have been you!

I'm learning to help at MRU

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

The Fujitsu site doesn't mention if the motherboard is compliant with any of the motherboard specifications out there. Here's a link to the various specs: http://www.formfactors.org/formfactor.asp

Try running a system information tool to see if you can get more info about the motherboard. I like this free one: http://www.gtopala.com/index.html and this one: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.html?dir...n=sware_dl_3264
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 figgis41

figgis41
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

Thankyou all for your reply's, i think i'll take the " if it ante broke dont fix it " option.
Once again thank's all,,,,,, Ian
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users