Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Be Infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Salvage

Salvage

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

Hi

I have learned that in some cases, if Vista is infected with spyware, Explorer.exe keeps shutting down in loop. I have developed a process to deal with this situation smoothly.

To test the solution, I especially needs as many as possible spywares installed on my system. Really nasty spyware would be the priority ones. I am especially looking for the kind of spyware, that creates randmon file names, and hence may not be removed through scripts like Smitrem or roguefix.

I would be thankful if you can please create a zip file and then send it to me via email, or if you can post a reply with an address to download.

Once I tested my solution on these case scenarious, i would be more than happy to share it here.

thank you in advance for your efforts to infect my system.

:thumbsup:

Salvage

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

Sorry, Salvage, but I'm pretty sure that no members of BC are going to provide links to malware. And, even if they did, I'm pretty sure that the moderators would delete them in a jiffy! Why don't you visit some obvious sites, like "free" whatever, (screensavers is a good one), or something like that?

Good luck with your project!

#3 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:35 AM

I woudn't do that if i were you,Salvage sorry but it just not the proper way :thumbsup:
Besides if one posts a link here one can be responsible for so many infections and therefore would receive
punishment for such acts
Its not only the members who visit the topic and become infected but all of the other guest we have
could be innocent victims of malware

Why don't you visit some obvious sites, like "free" whatever, (screensavers is a good one), or something like that

You're just helping him get infected too???
You know,this site is used for the good of computers and how to use them properly so that we can all benefit and learn
Not a malware infecting site for whatever reason
If you are to test malware protection then choose any Anti-Malware product that you can rely,depend and believe on rather than just making yourself infected because not even one Anti-Malware product can guarantee you 100% protection rather than infect your system and bring yourself with all of the frustration if you can't manage to disinfect it

Edited by Commander Gman, 09 June 2007 - 12:48 AM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#4 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:40 AM

You're just helping him get infected too???

Hey, it's his computer. I didn't provide him with any links. He seems to believe that he can create something that entire teams of professionals, such as the employees of Webroot or Grisoft, cannot. Shoot; I didn't even name any specific sites. I only suggested a category of sites that I thought all but the most inexperienced users already knew to avoid.

I apologize. I certainly didn't want to offend anyone; moderators or members.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:58 AM

Hello Salvage

No, we won't provide active links to any malware because as already mentioned, another member or guest could inadvertantly click on it and become infected.

We do not know your background, knowledge and skill level. While you may be sincere in developing some type of removal tool, this is not the appropriate place to ask how to get infected. Further, if you had advanced knowledge in malware removal you would not have to ask such a question.

I am closing this thread. Should you have any questions please PM me or another moderator.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users